Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a Prime "Lights Out" Clean Out current 160-175lb's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, too inconsistent to 'clean out' one of those divisions let alone three. He can compete with anyone in a single fight but for someone who is known for being inconsistent I wouldn't back him to dominate a division.

Comment

Right now, "Lights Out" could clean out 160-175 buffet tables.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
        He doesn't get by GGG, Kovalev and maybe Ward. The rest he beats.
        This is my opinion also. Even in his prime Toney was an inconsistent trainer and fighter. He loses to GGG and Kovalev and beats Ward on a good night but loses to Ward on an off night.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
          You are a joke..I ...Just go Fu(k yourself.
          I'm no joke sir. Couldn't refute me so you had to resort to name calling. GGG beats Toney. Toney struggled with inferior boxers than GGG and couldn't even manage to win a round against Roy Jones Jr. Toney is overrated.

Comment

Nope. There's 3 fighters I would favor over and 2 I think that would upset him.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              I don't think Toney was ever prime in any other weight than middle and at middleweight, Toney probably beats all the guys around, except maybe GGG who has enough skill and power to hurt Toney as he just stands there taking shots.
              Toney was one hell of a cruiserweight too....
              I believe he would have slaughtered the likes david gaye and Lebedev.

Guillermo Jones is the only cruiser of recent times i give a shot at givin Toney problems.
              He was also a ridiculously tough freak of nature like Toney....

Oh yeah and i think Toney vs GGG plays out like Toney vs Barkley.
              Except faster and more brutal.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
                James was a bad man...........I think he could do it..........

Thoughts?????
                I'm a huge Toney fan, but you have to take the good with the bad with him. At his best he was a monster, but all to often he just did'nt show up. Anyways at 160 he probably has his way with anyone outside of GGG and that fight could go either way. James could be outboxed. Could GGG do it? I don't know, but that would of been a fun fight to see.

At 168 DeGale would be the only guy with any kind of chance, but as much as I like DeGale, I just can't see him beating James.

At 175, Ward almost certainly beats him and I would pick Kovalev to beat him as well, though that would be a war.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                  He doesn't get by GGG, Kovalev and maybe Ward. The rest he beats.

love me some GGG, but Toney beats him

Comment

I think he beats everyone minus GGG and Kovalev. Toney vs GGG or Kovalev are toss-ups fights.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      love me some GGG, but Toney beats him
                      How? GGG has better fundamentals, better jab, better work rate, throws every punch in the book well and with mean intentions. Hell I think he outboxes Toney if he choses to do so. Both have power and iron chins so it goes to decision. I don't see Toney outworking GGG, specially if GGG chooses to fight behind the jab. If he goes to a brawl with Toney he might lose, but I think he would realize the jab is working and would stay behind it.

Comment

Working...
                      X