No announcement yet.

Why is Martinez moving back down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
    I mean the middle weight is just getting hot. All these champs are finally fighting each other. It seems pretty soon we will get clarity of who is the best middle weight is.(martinez already is but there are many fighters who beg to differ) best of all all these guys has stated they want to fight each other. Why would martinez move down where i bet no one will want to fight him.
    Mayweather/Cotto/Canelo offer big cash out opportunities.

While at 160 fighters like Pirog/Golovkin, are not only high risk-low reward. Victories over them will not push him forward to the #1 p4p list in the eyes of the General Public.

Not to mention that, they can potentially ruin Martinez. This is the curse of being far too good, and yet dreadfully unmarketable.

Comment

Money.................

Comment

LOL making Mayweather and Canelo fans Nervous? lol

Naw but seriously...I would be bigger paydays and more money at 154 then 160

Comment

who said he is, he mentioned a Cotto fight at a catchweight inbetween LMW and MW

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Mayweather
            Cotto
            Canelo
            Lara
            Trout
            Martirosyan
            Kirkland
            Molina
            Bundrage
            Angulo
            Rodriguez

Now if you were a Middleweight that can make 154, why would you move down to 154 with a list of fighters like that? Stop thinking like a dumb boxing fan and think like any other fighter looking to get paid. that's why Martinez is moving down to 154.

160 is getting hot? Yeah, that's how weak it is. With Quillin, Golovkin, Geale, Pirog that should actually be considered as the division becoming "hot". Chavez Jr and Peter Quillin are the only two fights worth staying there for. Golovkin should try getting a couple of more top 10 wins. Fight Macklin, Geale, and beat them. Martinez had to go through Paul Williams and Kelly Pavlik, Golovkin has it easy.
            Not one of those fighters you listed will fight him. Maybe accept lara but martinez will never fight him

Comment

Money Martinez..............

Comment

The whole point is martinez will not get any fights at 154. He should fight ggg or pirog or geele even quillin

Comment

I don't think dudes would be afraid of Sergio at 154~ maybe after he proved himself but I think reason dictates he will decline in form if he goes to 154 and it would be a very big scalp for most guys even if Sergio is messed up. So I think he would get a shot maybe not with Floyd but I could see Cotto doing it or especially Canelo who could really use a name opponent and beating a guy JCC Jr. lost to would separate them (and even build a fight between them because people would say he wasn't the same guy and JCC was man enough to fight the best version~ it spurs a whole debate).

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    To chase smaller fighters for more cash.

Comment

Martinez has said himself that he's always in great shape, keeps clean and his body has a tendency to lose weight...

Many fighters move up, not always for a challenge, but because they are young and growing into their bodies....OR aren't gymrats and just want to be comfortable...Martinez is grown and stays in shape...he doesn't need to pack on the muscle (to do it right) when he's already not some big middleweight

Comment

Working...
                      X