Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$150 worth it to see Calzaghe/Jones LIVE? Please advise.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kball15 View Post
    the Place Should Be Pretty Empty, I Bet Those 150$ Seats Could Get U A 500$ Seat If U Sneak Down
    Lmao I Doubt It's Empty On Fight Night!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
      the place should be pretty empty, i bet those 150$ seats could get u a 500$ seat if u sneak down
      i agree completely...

whenever i've went to a live event of any kind there are always vacated seats closer to the action that you can sneak down to...

but beware...if you get caught they will toss you out of the arena...

dont go closer to the action during the undercards and the place never really fills in until the main event or last undercard...

i say get the $150 ticket and try to get closer...if you cant the atmosphere still cant be beat from inside the arena...there are tv's showing the action...so dont worry about seeing ants...i've never been to MSG so i cant tell you what the view looks like from the section you would be getting tickets for...

you can always bring binoculars (sp???) to get a better view...and if you can get a camera in there you could wind up with some good pictures...

i wanted to go to hatton v. malignaggi in vegas but the cheapest tickets are around $250-$300 and they are nosebleed seats...since i live in cali its a bit of a journey to pay too much for bad tickets but if you live in NEW YORK i say go watch it live.

you will have fun.

also...

look at it this way...it costs $50 on PPV...if you go you get to see more undercard fights (if you didnt know there are usually a couple more hours worth of undercards that dont get televised) and you get the experience of being there with the possibility to maybe even meet some boxers...in big PPV fights many world famous boxers (current and retired) show up.

go.

Comment

150 might not get you a great seat but if the fight is a great, and it has the potential to be just think you can say you were there, i would have paid 500 for the worst seat to be able to say i saw hagler hearns live

Comment

Do it!!! I wasnt sure my first time...I was half way up. i too was watching on the screen and the ring..Trust me when you get in there the atmosphere is electric and its a once in lifetime type of experience! Do it plus not to mention the beautiful women!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
            i agree completely...

whenever i've went to a live event of any kind there are always vacated seats closer to the action that you can sneak down to...

but beware...if you get caught they will toss you out of the arena...

dont go closer to the action during the undercards and the place never really fills in until the main event or last undercard...

i say get the $150 ticket and try to get closer...if you cant the atmosphere still cant be beat from inside the arena...there are tv's showing the action...so dont worry about seeing ants...i've never been to MSG so i cant tell you what the view looks like from the section you would be getting tickets for...

you can always bring binoculars (sp???) to get a better view...and if you can get a camera in there you could wind up with some good pictures...

i wanted to go to hatton v. malignaggi in vegas but the cheapest tickets are around $250-$300 and they are nosebleed seats...since i live in cali its a bit of a journey to pay too much for bad tickets but if you live in NEW YORK i say go watch it live.

you will have fun.

also...

look at it this way...it costs $50 on PPV...if you go you get to see more undercard fights (if you didnt know there are usually a couple more hours worth of undercards that dont get televised) and you get the experience of being there with the possibility to maybe even meet some boxers...in big PPV fights many world famous boxers (current and retired) show up.

go.
            i believe for this fight the 150 seats are the mezzanine seats way up top.

And they are definetly some horrible horrible seats for a boxing match. U cant see shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit or hear ****.

But being part of the atmosphere is a ton of fun.

I would bring binocs. I saw Mosley-Cotto from way up there and i couldnt see jack. but the big screens showed everything so it was fine, and it was great being a prt of the atmosphere.... Thing is, those seats for Cotto-Mosley only cost 50 bucks, these cost 3x as much!!!

Comment

I was at the mezzanine seats for jones trinidad and its not as bad as you say. I was able to see the fighters clearly but do recommend checkin out the tv. 150 is alot and if u live in ny I recommend you buy them at msg and not ticketmaster but i'm gonna go, theres a lot of boxing comming to the east coast now and i'm going there and to cunniham and adamek

Comment

I will always favor going to the venue to watch the fights, to me is money well spent, this depends on your budget if you can afford it- by all means do attend..

Comment

150 bucks to watch a girl with broken arms fight? why not just jump off a cliff for 50 bucks?

Comment

umm all teh 150 tix are gone my friend ...good luck

Comment

This is a no-brainer. Go!

If you would've had gone to other fights live, then maybe it'd be worth thinking and debating about it. But regardless whether you're far or close, the fact that you've never been to a fight means that you'll be completely overwhelmed at the atmosphere and see how boxing really is.

Hell, I've only been to one boxing event (it was in some thread I made with pics and everything a few months ago). The fights were very low level fights and even then I was suprised by many things:

1-) How fast punches really are (in TV they look slower). Seeing them thrown live (by a relatively novice fighter) looks quick and painful, imagine a fight where an expert throws fierce 3 and 4 punch combinations landing at will...

2-) The ring seems sooooooooooo much smaller. You might think that it shouldn't be like that, but it is. There was a TV located above the stands and whenever I watched the fight through it, everything normal all of a sudden. The camera angles and shots used make the ring seem much bigger than it really is. It makes you realize how enclosed a ring is...

3-) Watching someone get knocked out by a hail mary shot and stay out cold is incredible. The roar of the crowd and the atmosphere is incredible...

I've made my points. You HAVE to be there. Trust me on this one...if you've ever wanted to go to a boxing match but never gone to, do so now.

Comment

Working...
                      X