Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like to see Jermain Taylor return at 175 or CW.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully jr View Post
    I just watched the Fight Camp 360 where he talks about leaving the tourney and he looked extremely strong.

If I had to guess he looked to be at least 185, and I think he can carry the weight well since he has such a big frame.

I was always amazed he could make 160, I don't think its a stretch for him to feel better at 75 and above and make a good comeback run.

AA stole that show imo.

Allen Green was cool too. He looks ready to fight.

my exact thoughts when i saw the triler....he is in training and is still too big......he needs to move to 75 for sure.........

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
      He would get smoked by Dawson, Cloud, or Pascal.
      In my opinion he would fare better with those 3 then the top 3 at smw

Comment

It's proven it is much safer to be KO'd by a huge punch rather than be TKO'd by an accumulation of punishment.........repeated blunt force trauma much worse than 12 big KO blow.........

so maybe he will be ok......i don't think he took a huge amount from Froch or Abraham before a few big hits put him down....it was interesting to hear Dirrells take on the Taylor v Abraham fight...he essentially said Jermain was doing the right thing but his technical flaws (ie what hopkins called the bow and arow) are such that he could not capitalise by landing cleanly........

Comment

I just watched the Fight Camp 360 where he talks about leaving the tourney and he looked extremely strong.

If I had to guess he looked to be at least 185, and I think he can carry the weight well since he has such a big frame.

I was always amazed he could make 160, I don't think its a stretch for him to feel better at 75 and above and make a good comeback run.

AA stole that show imo.

Allen Green was cool too. He looks ready to fight.
          I really like JT and am a fan but no, no your thinking here is way off.....if he could handle heavier hitter at 168 no way he hangs at 175 forget about 200.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            I really like JT and am a fan but no, no your thinking here is way off.....if he could handle heavier hitter at 168 no way he hangs at 175 forget about 200.
            I don't know spray. I suspect Taylor's been having trouble with weight all along.

Even at 168.

He seems like a naturally big guy, so if he doesn't have to struggle to trim extra weight, it might make him more sturdy.

Plus, he showed a good chin at 168 imo. He got extremely unlucky to get caught flush 2x both in the last 30 seconds of the 12th.

Prior to that I had him being extremely competitive w/ 2 world class champeens.

Comment

I don't know spray. I suspect Taylor's been having trouble with weight all along.

Even at 168.

He seems like a naturally big guy, so if he doesn't have to struggle to trim extra weight, it might make him more sturdy.

Plus, he showed a good chin at 168 imo. He got extremely unlucky to get caught flush 2x both in the last 30 seconds of the 12th.

Prior to that I had him being extremely competitive w/ 2 world class champeens.
              his weight problems werent just that he was big but that he would ricky hatton inbetween fights and then lose weight on short notice. now he stays in shape inbetween fights which will make a big diffrence.

he could carry the weight at 175 for sure but i think 168 is better. CW is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                his weight problems werent just that he was big but that he would ricky hatton inbetween fights and then lose weight on short notice. now he stays in shape inbetween fights which will make a big diffrence.

he could carry the weight at 175 for sure but i think 168 is better. CW is absurd.
                No its not. Look at Adamek?

Taylor is just as big, if not bigger than him. Look at his shoulders and arms.

He's ****ing massive. How he made 160 I'll never know.

Comment

There's no way the guy is drained at 168 as well, he just blows up in between fights. He needs to stay away from Mickey d's in between fights. He blows up into the 190s or higher in between fights, no wonder his stamina is always bad.

Comment

No its not. Look at Adamek?

Taylor is just as big, if not bigger than him. Look at his shoulders and arms.

He's ****ing massive. How he made 160 I'll never know.
                    adamek started out 15lbs higher than jermain. they maybe have the same height and frame but jermain is naturally slimmer than adamek. keep in mind the weight hes put on already is weight lifting muscle, should he really put on another 15lbs of weight lifting muscle? thats just not smart. its not like hes doing bagwork and bulked up like that, hes lifting. bicep curls and ****..

adamek is bigger than jermian theres no doubt about that, and as for jermain making 160 thats cuz he hadnt grown into his frame yet. its just his genetics, like hearns making 147 in his early 20's but once he got into his late 20's he struggled to make 160. tito was the same way and so is jermain. i know cuz im built like that myself, im 6'3 141lbs 19 years old. if we say im still boxing at 28 ill probably be around 168.

Comment

Another ****** thread by street bully. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
                      X