Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimmy Kimmel fired Manny Pacquiao!!!?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
    Point is, if you provide a service, you're not supposed to discriminate who you provide that service on a basis of race, sex, age, religion, or sexual orientation. You don't get to pick and choose which group you can you discriminate against, the protections should have equal protections between the groups.
    No one is discriminating against Manny because of his race, sex, age, religion, or sexual orientation. They are distancing themselves because he said something stupid.

There is no equal protection for getting on a late night talk show. Manny doesn't have a right to be on the show any more than I do.

Based on your logic, the fact that Kimmel won't let me on his show means I am being discriminated against for not being a celebrity.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
      No one is discriminating against Manny because of his race, sex, age, religion, or sexual orientation. They are distancing themselves because he said something stupid.

There is no equal protection for getting on a late night talk show. Manny doesn't have a right to be on the show any more than I do.

Based on your logic, the fact that Kimmel won't let me on his show means I am being discriminated against for not being a celebrity.
      I'll admit, discrimination doesn't necessarily apply to the Kimmel show unless he can prove they terminated an agreement based on his religious views, you missed the point, and well, I don't really care about the issue much to explain myself better.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
        I'll admit, discrimination doesn't necessarily apply to the Kimmel show unless he can prove they terminated an agreement based on his religious views, you missed the point, and well, I don't really care about the issue much to explain myself better.
        Sigh........

It's very very simple.

Publicly stating that ANY group of people are 'worse than animals' (actors, Christians, agnostics, blacks, gays, etc) will stop you going on light entertainment TV.

Pac has not been arrested or censored. He has said something culturally inappropriate and normal people correctly decided that he was a backwards idiot. He can say it again. I repeat. He is FREE TO SAY IT AGAIN. Censorship would mean he couldn't.

Again.

HE IS FREE TO SAY IT AGAIN. HE HAS FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Comment

Pacquiao fans are the dumbest fans in the sport. A TV show has every right to choose not to have someone on their show that has views they don't support you dumb ****s.

Comment

Pac told Kimmel that his Bieber impersonation was Gay.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Well there's free speech, nothing 'bad' happened to Pacquiao or his family for what he said, as far as physical retaliation or jail. It's free speech in that you won't get arrested or anything like that. But yeah, free speech has its consequences anyway. Pacquiao can say what he pleases about anyone or anything, but not without any consequences whatsoever.
              free speech? hahhahhahahah

I am with Emilio Lledó on that:

"Why do I care about freedom of speech
              if I can only come up with stupid things to say?
              What’s so important about freedom of speech,
              if you can’t even think,
              if you don’t have your own criteria,
              if you aren’t free to think by yourself?"

Comment

Working...
              X