Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edison Miranda - I am awarding him Best Actress in a Dramatic Role.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edison Miranda - I am awarding him Best Actress in a Dramatic Role.

Light heavyweight slugger Edison “Pantera” Miranda (34-6, 29 KOs) has ripped Yordanis Despaigne (9-1, 4 KOs), who won their fight by disqualification last Friday night at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. “I tapped Despaigne on the belt line and he fell down like he’d been shot. He’s not a fighter, he’s an actor and he was looking for a way out because he didn’t like the way the story was going to end,” said Miranda. “He got hit low a couple more times and cried on command and the fight was over. So for that performance, I am awarding him Best Actress in a Dramatic Role. He’s the new Million Dollar Baby.” Miranda says although Despaigne had some early success by “running around the ring”, by the time of referee Vic Drakulich’s disqualification, the tide had clearly turned. “He was out of gas. I let him punch me because it was like pillow fighting a girl. He knew he had to get out of there before the fight was half over because I was in amazing shape and coming on strong. If it had gone one or two more rounds, he was finished.”

Source: Fight News

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
    Light heavyweight slugger Edison “Pantera” Miranda (34-6, 29 KOs) has ripped Yordanis Despaigne (9-1, 4 KOs), who won their fight by disqualification last Friday night at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. “I tapped Despaigne on the belt line and he fell down like he’d been shot. He’s not a fighter, he’s an actor and he was looking for a way out because he didn’t like the way the story was going to end,” said Miranda. “He got hit low a couple more times and cried on command and the fight was over. So for that performance, I am awarding him Best Actress in a Dramatic Role. He’s the new Million Dollar Baby.” Miranda says although Despaigne had some early success by “running around the ring”, by the time of referee Vic Drakulich’s disqualification, the tide had clearly turned. “He was out of gas. I let him punch me because it was like pillow fighting a girl. He knew he had to get out of there before the fight was half over because I was in amazing shape and coming on strong. If it had gone one or two more rounds, he was finished.”

I've said this before about Edison, he sure can hype a fight. Miranda's a big trash-talker who's occasionally funny. He's right about Despaigne's act, though; Yordanis behaved like he was back in the amateurs. But Edison is kidding himself if he thinks he was better than Despaigne that night. Anything could've happened, had the fight continued, but Yordanis was in control of the slow "Pantera". Miranda, with his career essentially over, wants desperately to get a rematch with Despaigne and try for an equally desperate win.

Comment

Miranda's a pain in the ass

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post

Thats why I like Miranda Lmao.

Comment

Comment

That award belongs to Andre Dirrell.

Or that guy that Marquez recently knocked out.

Maybe Zab Judah, "I didn't know he was giving me a 10 count."

Comment

This is a robbery!

Zab Judah takes the award, hands down.

Comment

yes Despaigne was acting when he was tapped on the belt line at the end of one of the early rounds, too bad the fight ended just when Miranda seemed to be getting into it. I doubt Despaigne is really going anywhere from what I have seen already.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  yes Despaigne was acting when he was tapped on the belt line at the end of one of the early rounds, too bad the fight ended just when Miranda seemed to be getting into it. I doubt Despaigne is really going anywhere from what I have seen already.
                  Yes Despaigne gets nothing from this fight.
                  A rematch will need to happen. Only issue is ESPN is off the air until Feb and they are the ones who really want it to happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X