Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd's stepping on Broners toes or helping him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
    I hear you, but what I'm saying is this. For example, looking back, most fight fans didn't view Morales/Manny that way. When the 2 fighters are brought up, you hardly ever hear about their 1st encounter. It's usually "Manny beat Morales twice, was the 1st to stop him". Zahir beating Erik before Manny finally got his win, for most fight fans, hardly holds any weight at all. They give him credit for going back and beating him even though he was coming off of a loss. Not sure if that would be the case for Broner, but it should be.
    There's alot of sidestepping to this post I see no one can answer this without sounding stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
      How did Khan earn the fight?

By barely beating bum ass Diaz?
      That's the problem with only giving yourself 2 options.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
        There's alot of sidestepping to this post I see no one can answer this without sounding stupid.
        I will not get an answer lol

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
          I will not get an answer lol
          The best one is when people say Floyd is scared to sign a contract to fight Manny; and come back with Floyd is the only one to sign the contract for them to fight.

Comment

It's illegal to step on your opponent's toes

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
              The best one is when people say Floyd is scared to sign a contract to fight Manny; and come back with Floyd is the only one to sign the contract for them to fight.
              It's just funny exposing double standards when they swear up and down that it's not

Comment

It's all things. First he's stepping on his toes. Second he's helping Broner save face and possibly his career by getting in the way of a possible Maidana rematch. If Broner was a man he would speak up and try and keep his rematch but he's belly up.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninth Layer

Floyd is stepping on Broner's toes if he takes a Maidana rematch but to be fair he's almost forced into it. Golden Boy must know the Khan fight is a dud match that nobody cares about, at least with Maidana they can say he's a worthy contender who earned the fight.

earned the fight by beating bum ass broner?

lmao
                  You picked that bum to whoop Chino.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by J The UnBiased

I don't know. It's all about context. Floyd beating Chino and then Broner later avenging his loss against Chino may not be viewed under scrutiny. Much like how many fight fans give Manny full credit for going back and beating Morales after he had loss to Raheem. Or maybe fight fans will discredit a potential Broner win out of sheer distaste for the guy. Only time will tell.

AB would regain all of his momentum if he gets the Maidana rematch right now and then wins it. (Whether he would actually win at this point is questionable.)

Without a Maidana rematch, AB starts to look like VO: another "next big thing" who got derailed and would have to rebuild his credibility. Unlike Ortiz who took a bunch of soft touches before Peterson, there aren't really many soft touches in the welterweight division. Would a win over Shawn Porter do much for Broner's credibility? Ehhh....

If Floyd fights Maidana now and beats him then it'll hurt Broner in the long run. A Broner-Maidana rematch would be less appealing, less relevant, and would mean less for Broner cleaning up on a guy that big brother Floyd already fought for him.
                    Porter rapes broner.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydsLostBalls View Post
                      Porter rapes broner.

It's a good exciting fight, but I'd much rather have Porter/Collazo

Comment

Working...
                      X