Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan: This Was Another Wake Up Call For Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan punches didn't discourage Peterson from walking him down.Except for one time. I saw Khan really had a go and clobbered Peterson instead of that useless pitty pat punches he was throwing all through out the fight.It seems he has it in him just needs to be more consistent.

Comment

what a prat!

Comment

I like watching Khan, but: a) Those weren't 'little mistakes'. He has glaring holes in his inside game that need to be addressed, b) Peterson doesn't owe him anything, much less an immediate rematch. Stop taking like you call the shots, and build your way back up before you start banging on about Mayweather again, c) The refereeing/judging wasn't great, but it wasn't 'disgusting' by any means. His excuses are making him sound pathetic.

Comment

Kahn needs to spend more time praying to Allah and less time crying to the press.
          Last edited by LAPete; 12-13-2011, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            AMIR Khan insists that he has learnt a lesson *following his controversial defeat at the hands of Lamont Peterson.

[Click Here To Read More]
            How many "wake-up calls" is this guy gonna need before he stops treating his career like a bed and breakfast?

Comment

Sure this is another wake up call but Amir must know what he needs to fix. If he's going to complain about robbery then he won't really fix the problem.

I saw the fight again and felt that the fight was even. Considering the two points deducted, I agree with the 113-112 scores and totally disagree with 115-110 score.

I think the main issue here is that Amir started celebrating before the scores were announced. Also, being HBO and the promoter's guy, Amir felt entitled to special treatment.

Amir says he was a clean fighter but he kept pushing Peterson's head down, pushing constantly and he hit Peterson during a break - how clean is that.
              Also after being penalized in round 7, Amir kept doing exactly what he was penalized for. How then does he complain when he's penalized again?

Comment

No need to wake up Amir, you can sleep with Oscar all you like!

Comment

Remove the knocked down that was a trip, and the point deductions... and If you go round for round scoring... it's a draw, it you look at the over all fight and judge, Peterson won... Peterson landed more power shots and cleaner punches in all the rounds he won... Khan won rounds cause he pitty pat and ran, holding Peterson's head down so he wouldnt get hit with the body shots. Khan had one clear round easily won, all the others were because Peterson didnt land as much but when he did land it was hard shots.

Comment

From Delpilar "No need to wake up Amir, you can sleep with Oscar all you like!"

Best post of the month. Hysterical!

Comment

Khan: You need to STFU and fight like a real champion you dummy!!! Stop trying to be like MayFlower who is the biggest product of a Hype Machine. Fight like you really want it and don't run with your pitty pat BS like Gayweather!! FIGHT!! this is a FIGHTING sport not a Fkn marathon!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X