Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something that bothers me that RJJ said in 24/7..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i havent seen 24/7
    gotta see taht

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      haha... I DO!

whe ni first saw it, i was like.... OH! OH! ME! I DO! I DO!

no but i get his point and hes right... if he loses? hes supposed to lose... thats his point... the fight is intriguing because... what if he doesnt...
      I see it like this

I think what Roy was alluding to was the pressue mounting not whether this does anything for him.

If he loses there wasn't any expectations to begin with sans his fans so he is in a place where the pressure is off of him and he can really train in a good state of mind. IMO I think he must have been feeling pressure in the Johnson and Tarver III camps because there was so much riding on it. This camp he probably feels all the pressure is on Joe because if he loses to an old version of Roy then people can also have case that a prime Roy would have beaten a prime Joe

I like his mindset honestly. His style has always been free flow and improvising and it seems he is in a right place to do this because he seems relaxed. Remember this is a guy who would go play basketball and fight in the same night so we may be asking too much of him to bear down and focus on this in a serious manner

Comment

I think you guys misunderstood where he was going there.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke McKenzie_ View Post
          Right, I think I was thinking of speculative figures beforehand.

Kinda weird that Joe Blow is a name in the sport now.
          ehhh... his last fight was on regular hbo with b-hop...

Comment

I have a right to opinion like everyone else here....heres mine...

People read into things way too much.
            Last edited by Truth; 10-31-2008, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke McKenzie_ View Post
              I think the concept of Roy as someone who's prepared to lose was revealed in Tarver III.

How much is Roy getting for this fight? It's one of his biggest paydays ever, right? If not THE biggest? He was never a huge draw, was he? $20m, or do I have that wrong?
              Hahaha, you idiot Brits actually think this fight means something as though it was a prime RJJ, and you're talking it up to me like the 'big fight'. If beating RJJ at this point ofhis career makes him great, then so is Tarver and glen Johnson! In fact so is Trevor Burbick, who beat a super washed up Ali. so go try lying to yourself v someone who don't know their ****. See ya!

Comment

Originally posted by C.J.Mak View Post
                On the contrary,Roy doesn't sound very positive with that remark.
                He should understand that people do care and it does matter.Also Roy is NOT shot and win or lose people will see that on Nov 8th.

Roy said it because his Confidence isn't what it once was. He fights like it as well.

He is past his prime...by a far margin.

He never recovered after he came back down in weight...end of story.

I will not say he is SHOT because he has just enough left to keep him somewhat competitive...with hopes of praying to the Gods to just give him one great night.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
                  I totally agree, and pointed that out myself when i first saw the episode. He seems unmotivated for this fight. Almost as if he's here just for a paycheck, and hopes to just finish the fight on his feet, rather than being KO'd.

A paycheck is exactly all that he's after. He's been a shot fighter for the last 6-7 years now and like Hopkins, he's just trying to grab as much cash before he goes off into retirement and eventually bankruptcy. Hopefully, he gets blown out like Lacy and we don't have to deal with Jones ever again. HOPEFULLY!!!!!!

Comment

If he used his GREAT power more (and not just in rematches) not only would more prawn sandwich fans respect him but his legacy would have been cemented further. But HISTORY will always mention the feat of himself and Fitzsimmons as well as his age and record when joe finally grew a PAIR. I really do wish he can turn back the clock one more time to expose an overprotected bum who achieved sweet **** all.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Spoken View Post
                      Hahaha, you idiot Brits actually think this fight means something as though it was a prime RJJ, and you're talking it up to me like the 'big fight'. If beating RJJ at this point ofhis career makes him great, then so is Tarver and glen Johnson! In fact so is Trevor Burbick, who beat a super washed up Ali. so go try lying to yourself v someone who don't know their ****. See ya!
                      Which Brit is talking up this fight?
                      Anyone with any sense knows that Jones is a shadow of his former self.
                      Hulk hasn't seen anyone in this thread make this fight sound huge.

'Truth Spoken'? More like '**** Made Up To Support My ****** Theories'!

Hulk believes the term is 'Straw Man'.
                      Feel free to come up with the theory that people of all nationalities think you are a spastic. I suspect there may be a touch more validity to that one.

Hulk! Grar-ing for your own good!

Grar!

Comment

Working...
                      X