Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant Gives His Take on Mayweather IV Scandal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come Floyd fans still defend him when it's clearer than daylight that he got caught masking his PED use?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      So now your tune has changed its not a placebo and footy players in the Super Bowl feeling like superman is just all imaginary , why the hell did Manny want an imaginary placebo
      No I said that feeling of energy is a placebo. The pain loss is real. When you have been in chronic pain the feeling of normalcy can be confused for energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        I am saying that USADA investigated Hausers claim if impropriety, and they addressed it accordingly.

" USADA, indignant about the accusations that company sources say threaten to harm its brand and erode confidence among tested athletes, released a 25-page rebuttal to Hauser’s article on SB Nation. "[/url]
        25 pages of hyperbole is not an investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          It would be more likely to confuse a genuine IV with a masking attempt.
          Nice try as has been proven here the use of and IV for either masking or re-hydration are both cheating under WADA rules. Floyd cheated regardless of what explanation you give.

What WADA says about the use of IVs to rehydrate.

In sports with weight classifications, athletes may be encouraged to undertake significant, accelerated weight loss to qualify for a competition and then use IV infusion to rapidly rehydrate. This practice invokes issues of athlete health and safety.
          No matter how you look at it Froid cheated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
            How come Floyd fans still defend him when it's clearer than daylight that he got caught masking his PED use?

You, despite making that confident statement, still haven't convinced me.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
              25 pages of hyperbole is not an investigation.
              It is better than having a guess over the internet

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                It was going to be a localized injection you old turd.
                So a shot in the butt is localized , maybe you should piss of and do some research , if a shot instramuscular gives pro football players a great feeling all over it dont matter what muscle it goes into to get that effect .

I seeing you Manny fanboys spin all your BS , The evidence on Toradol is over whelming and yet you idiots try and cover it up , Manny refused blood testing in 2009 this drug is why , it was a secret weapon and he didnt want opponents knowing , he couldnt avoid it coming out with Floyd because Arum had no control over testing .

Where is Mannys tests results , come on show just one from 2009 to 2015, just one ?

Comment

• Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
                  Nice try as has been proven here the use of and IV for either masking or re-hydration are both cheating under WADA rules. Floyd cheated regardless of what explanation you give.

What WADA says about the use of IVs to rehydrate.

No matter how you look at it Froid cheated.
                  That is simply not true..... it is a violation of their rules/protocols.

Purchasing a handgun without a license means that I broke the rules.

But it does not make me a murderer.

I agree that it is likely/probable that the correct protocol was not followed.

However, the fact that this is obviously a one-off exception.....

..... proven by the fact that 1) Mayweather has never been previously reported by testers for IV use 2) Mayweather has never contacted the USADA offices requesting approval/assistance for an IV 3) Mayweather has never requested or been granted a TUE.

..... the fact that this is obviously a one-off exception that was investigated by USADA and NSAC..... means that I can sleep at night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    So a shot in the butt is localized , maybe you should piss of and do some research , if a shot instramuscular gives pro football players a great feeling all over it dont matter what muscle it goes into to get that effect .

I seeing you Manny fanboys spin all your BS , The evidence on Toradol is over whelming and yet you idiots try and cover it up , Manny refused blood testing in 2009 this drug is why , it was a secret weapon and he didnt want opponents knowing , he couldnt avoid it coming out with Floyd because Arum had no control over testing .

Where is Mannys tests results , come on show just one from 2009 to 2015, just one ?
                    When did anyone say the Toradol would have been in Manny's butt?

You're losing your mind old man, sure you're not thinking about your **** medication?

Comment

• Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
                      How come Floyd fans still defend him when it's clearer than daylight that he got caught masking his PED use?
                      Its not as clear as Mannys Toradol use is right !

How can you fanboys ignore this , I know , its ok for Manny to cheat right , this is why Manny refused blood testing until now .

http://www.nationalsarmrace.com/?p=4932

The latest salvo in the “Questionable Performance Enhancing Drug” storyline in today’s professional baseball landscape was this interesting statement from Jonathan Papelbon last week; he and other Boston teammates frequently were injected with the drug Toradol by team doctors when they were feeling “run-down” or overly fatigued in order to get a quick pick-me-up for a game. Apparently Toradol had the effect of giving players a four hour window of feeling “pretty damn good” and it was used by a portion of the Boston clubhouse. Its also in use in many other clubhouses (though apparently not in Philadelphia, who told Papelbon his Toradol days were over).

Ok, how is Toradol not a Performance Enhancing Drug? It certainly seems to qualify based on WADA’s “Three Criteria” for PEDs:
                      1.The capacity to enhance performance (clearly, as discussed by Papelbon)
                      2.Use can result in negative health consequences (absolutely; Jon Lester suffered some of them and had a serious internal bleeding issue, and now Boston is reportedly reviewing its use of the drug)
                      3.Violate the spirit of sports. (opinion based .. but after reading what Toradol can do, how can you NOT argue that its use violates the “spirit of sports?”)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...her-dont-care/

In an intriguing feature included in tonight’s new Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel (HBO, 10o p.m. ET/PT), Andrea Kremer explores the NFL’s “magic potion” that “masks pain from head to toe.”

The wonder drug goes by the name of Toradol. It’s not a narcotic, it’s not addictive, it’s legal to use.
                      And plenty of players are using it.

Former NFL center Jeremy Newberry tells Kremer that, when he played for the 49ers, players lined up for a dose of Toradol before games. “I’ve seen lines of 20 or 30 of them standing there waiting for a shot,” Newberry.

http://www.startribune.com/zeroing-i...ned/166712256/

But the Super Bowl? With little hesitance, Holt asked for and received a Toradol shot.

"I felt like new money," Holt said. "You get that shot and you feel like you're 18, 19 years old. It's like a sheet of armor. I was a new man."
                      Several hours later, after making seven catches for 109 yards, including a 9-yard touchdown grab, Holt was also a Super Bowl champion with the Rams edging the Titans 23-16.

Everything about the day felt great. Until the Toradol faded.
                      "It was very, very, very painful once that medication wore off," Holt said. "When you get that Toradol shot, you feel like you have a whole new body on you.

Comment

Working...
                      X