Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander is walking on thin ice....why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devon Alexander is walking on thin ice....why?

Don "muthaphukin" King......

If history repeats itself......Devon will take the boxing world by storm (currently)....will be the biggest thing (or at least around his weight division) but sadly will fall from grace in a matter of a few years.

For Devon's sake.....for BOXING's sake....please part ways from Don King ASAP. Maybe Floyd can get him under Mayweather Promotions.....as bad as Floyd is regarding his own promotions....it seems like he can teach "the next big thing" the rights and wrongs of promotions and the business side of boxing.

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
    Don "muthaphukin" King......

If history repeats itself......Devon will take the boxing world by storm (currently)....will be the biggest thing (or at least around his weight division) but sadly will fall from grace in a matter of a few years.

For Devon's sake.....for BOXING's sake....please part ways from Don King ASAP. Maybe Floyd can get him under Mayweather Promotions.....as bad as Floyd is regarding his own promotions....it seems like he can teach "the next big thing" the rights and wrongs of promotions and the business side of boxing.
    I've been saying this for a minute!!!!

Comment

I'm suprised with Don King's negative history with boxers that people sign to him & have him part of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
        I've been saying this for a minute!!!!
        Then I am your echo Coach!

Seriously....Devon got that "X Factor"....young, talented, speed, skill and being in a talented division only adds to that. There are no wrongs that he can do (for the moment) and can only become better (in my eyes).

Don King will taint all that he has worked so hard for.....

Comment

I know there are more than 3 of us that think this...

Comment

I agree, 99% of this board knows King is poison.

Comment

It's a short lived sport and whomever of the big name promoter that aproaches you. You going to take that and run with it bcuz in their back of there mind they afraid of not getting a chance as big as this opourtunity. Even if King has a bismerched record with fighter he still the Don and in up coming fighter that's $$$$$ in their eyes!!

Comment

There was once an article on how to ruin your career as a boxer and one of the ways was signing with Don King

Comment

Something a local promoter and manager told me once:

"Don King will make you the most money. He'll just also take the most."

Comment

I have been thinking the same thing for a LONG TIME, I hope he is not in any type of crazy contract he can't get out of it things go bad...or maybe Don King will be able to have a longterm productive relationship with Alexander and make a lot of money together like he did with Tito Trinidad but with Don King you just never know

for Alexander's sake I hope everything works out perfect

Comment

Working...
                    X