Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have a problem with Pacquiao-Marquez 5. Blame Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    JMM begged like a dog, so got his rematch. If pac has to beg, he should get a rematch as well.
    Pac wasnt obligated to give a rematch cos its close. Pac could have fought JMM 50 times and no ko, so when does it stop. Ok JMM got the ko but hes still behind Pac.
    It wasn't just JMM though that wanted the 4th fight (I have to admit I didn't).

Everyone was still pissed about that 3rd fight. Roach wanted the 4th fight cause he was tired of JMM and everyone else thinking that Pac lost.

Pac wanted it because it was money and he want to "prove himself".

What's the point of this fight? There is none. Even the 4th fight had sort of a point. I think everyone sorta came to the conculsion (whether it was said in public or not) that if it ended by KO that was it.

How do they market this fight?

There's no need IMO for it.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      It wasn't just JMM though that wanted the 4th fight (I have to admit I didn't).

Everyone was still pissed about that 3rd fight. Roach wanted the 4th fight cause he was tired of JMM and everyone else thinking that Pac lost.

Pac wanted it because it was money and he want to "prove himself".

What's the point of this fight? There is none. Even the 4th fight had sort of a point. I think everyone sorta came to the conculsion (whether it was said in public or not) that if it ended by KO that was it.

How do they market this fight?

There's no need IMO for it.
      Lots think like this, but most people came to the conclusion if they had 15 fights, it would always be close. In 15 fights it would always be close with maybe a ko or 2 in that amount of fights.

So there was no point in the 3 and 4th fights you could say. If JMM got a decision in the 2nd or 3rd fight it would probably be close and Pac fans saying robbery.

When SRR and raging bull fought were they always close? When Ali fought Frasier they were always competitive and would always be competitive. But as long as the public want to see competive fights that more than enough reason.

Comment

JMM begged like a dog, so got his rematch. If pac has to beg, he should get a rematch as well.
        Pac wasnt obligated to give a rematch cos its close. Pac could have fought JMM 50 times and no ko, so when does it stop. Ok JMM got the ko but hes still behind Pac.

He's behind pacquaio alright...as in looking at his back while pacquiao lay flat on his face.

Comment

Lots think like this, but most people came to the conclusion if they had 15 fights, it would always be close. In 15 fights it would always be close with maybe a ko or 2 in that amount of fights.

So there was no point in the 3 and 4th fights you could say. If JMM got a decision in the 2nd or 3rd fight it would probably be close and Pac fans saying robbery.

When SRR and raging bull fought were they always close? When Ali fought Frasier they were always competitive and would always be competitive. But as long as the public want to see competive fights that more than enough reason.
          Don't get me wrong, if it gets made I'll definitely be watching it I just generally don't see the point in it.

I mean how do they market this fight either to the point where the public will buy it?

I think the IV fight was built as though this is it. This is the final one, especially if ends in a KO and that's what happened.

Me, personally, I wouldn't wanna see it again and if JMM isn't looking to fight a Bradley/Rios/etc then just hang em up.

He can retire knowing he get the biggest W in his career.

Comment

i guess you are right since pac is lying down face first so his back is to him technically Marquez is behind him but i think you are reaching

for me it was more like Marquez is standing over him

check the sig below as a reference

Comment

this is a fair comment.

but it is quite funny that Team Pacquiao are so selective over which losses they want to avenge.

Comment

This fight is dead to me. Anyone saying a 5th fight is needed is full of shyt. What if Pac wins the 5th do we now get a 6th? Enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  Actually Marquez said he wasn't sure if he was still going to fight... he was seriously thinking about retiring

While Pacquiao openly called Marquez out and even called someone in Marquez's camp personally and told them he wanted to fight Marquez again even if he had to put money from his own pocket
                  You realize Marquez has the final decision? Nobody can force him to fight or not. The 5th fight is up to him and nobody else, no matter how much Pac, Arum the fans want it, he is the only one who can give the greenlight.

Those fans complaining about the 5th fight seem to not put any blame on Marquez, when he is the only one who should be blamed if they have a problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Hmm I could of sworn it takes 2 people to get in the ring in order for a fight to happen
                    Sighs.

Without Marquez approval the fight doesn't happen. Its like people calling out Floyd, he has the final say who he wants to fight. Do you not understand that hte power hangs in Marquez hands in this decision? He doesn't need the 5th fight he just knocked Pacquiao out cold, so its his choice if he wants to give Pacquiao that fight or not nobody elses.

Comment

.....exhibit A

1.Pac (by the skin of his teeth no1, benefit of the doubt as he was ahead on points against JMM)
                      2.JMM (losing to Pac before ko) dont get favourism cos of a ko win
                      3.Ward
                      4 Sergio
                      5 Floyd
                      6 Donaire
                      7 Bradley
                      8 Wlad
                      9 Froch, although kessler might say i beat Froch how comes hes ahead of me.
                      10 Broner

Comment

Working...
                      X