No announcement yet.

Danny Green Vs BJ Flores tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drh View Post
    Not sure if you can see video in link, but to me flores looks a little weight drained.

They had a clause in contract which gave Flores bonus $'s for every lb under 200 he weighed in at....looks like he tried to make as much money as possible out of that clause..he weighed in 195lb's.

http://media.smh.com.au/sport/sports...j-2047299.html
    If Flores is weight drained what do you call Margo a skeleton .

Comment

Originally posted by drh View Post
      Yes it's true...but i don't blame Green, I blame Flores..because he's only losing the extra weight for $'s..his choice..see article:

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/gree...r-flores-66988

By Ray Wheatley–World of Boxing
      Photo by Tim Barry

IBO cruiserweight champion Danny Green is ready to retain the championship on Wednesday when he will punch it out with the bigger American BJ Flores over twelve rounds at the Challenge stadium in Perth, Western Australia. Green said he is not worried by the weight difference and also challenges Flores’ statements that he is confident of defeating Green and taking the title back to the USA. “He is not short of words,” Green said. ”I think BJ is just trying to pump up his own chances and inflate his own confidence. I don’t take too much interest in what he says. I’ve won three world titles and I’ve been competing for world titles for seven years. Roy Jones: I’ve taken him out in one round. I’m a veteran of the sport, and I’ll know what I’m doing on Wednesday night.”

”The pressure is starting to squeeze Flores now, and his natural reaction, being a US fighter, is to talk. He loves to talk and he’s going to talk even more between now and the fight. That’s his natural insecurities coming out. I’ve got no need to talk. It’s what happens when the bell rings that matters. One thing he is never going to do is intimidate me with his words.”

When asked if he was worried about Flores weight advantage Green replied, “Oh, I don’t know about that. BJ Flores can weigh in at the cruiserweight limit and earn four times the money I did for my first world title shot. It’s a good earn. But he and his team wanted more money. We didn’t think he was worth anywhere near what they were asking but said, ‘OK, let’s make this interesting’… They asked for more money and, despite not being worth it, we’re giving them the chance to earn it if they really want it. So if BJ wants to come in below the cruiserweight limit, that’s his call. I know that he likes a dollar so there is certainly a chance of it happening.”

The Green vs. Flores will televised on Foxtel Main Event pay-per-view television network.
      a bait to weight-drain the opponent is ok with you ? not with me

I was actually giving his props to Green for taking on a good and dangerous fighter at the cruiserweight limit, but this bait shows he is still the same old coward

Comment

What time does it start?

Comment

Working...
        X