Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are on crack if you don't consider this Saturdays winner the king of WW.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The winner of the fight this weekend is most probably the no1 on the welterweight rankings, but I don't agree that it makes him the best P4P fighter, in my opinion it makes him number 2. If I did a welterweight rankings right now, I'd have it Shane, Manny and then Floyd. This based on competition fought and results gained. As for the P4P, you don't have to be on top of your weight class to be in the P4P. Manny can campaign at light-welterweight and could comfortably make that weight and EASILY be the best fighter in that weight class, but he is fighting at welterweight as the best fights are there. When Floyd moved to Welterweight and beat Zab, he was still number 2 welterweight yet P4P number 1.....so why can't Manny be the same?

Comment

How many participants in this thread are suffering from some mental issues?

I',m only asking as it's quite clear that some posses an extreme bias for some fighters to the extent that they are not able to comprehend that fighters are only human beings, with cons and pros, nothing else.
      Relax and look at a boxer and watch a fight with an open mind, before you are admitted to a mental institution due to a bipolar disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        Since when do we give the crown to a guy that beats the 3rd and 6th best welter in order. I can see you guys are impressed by the move up but come on Miguel was not the best and infact he lost to the guy that Shane iced. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize if you lose to that guy he obviously jumps you and that is why Shane is the number 1 guy in the division and you can't argue that. We aren't talking about bull****, myths like the P4P rankings, we are talking straight up what happens in the ring and that is Mosley is the man.

Now if Mayweather beats him, he becomes the man. It's simple to figure this out. Pac can beat Margarito and he still isn't the man because Margarito got iced and lost that spot. If Pac wants to be the number 1 ww in the world he has to fight the winner of this fight. If we fights Margarito he can't claim he is the best at the division. How hard is this to figure out?

And yes, Saturdays fight is for the number 1 spot P4P. You can't be the number 1 fighter in the world and not be the number 1 in your division. If Pac steps to the plate and beats the winner then he claims it. Till then, get off your dick riding, high horse and accept it.
        i love the logic how you go from you must beat #1 to be #1. you can't beat #3 to get number 1. you just said the same **** in paragraph one then you fail to keep that going.

WOW and people are backing you up?

so if you beat shane the #3 and you don't fight the #1 Pac in P4P you get #1 cause your #1 in WW for beating #1 in WW but not beating #1 in P4P.

just like your supporters can't fight your logic because you just **** yourself in all three of your holes. dumb asses for real. as dumb as PBF himself. go back to school.

He'll be#1 at WW but doesn't mean he takes PACs P4P KINGSHIP. as mentioned, this solidifies the FIGHT MUST BE MADE.
        Last edited by nj_evoixgsr; 04-25-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by araindon View Post
          The winner of the fight this weekend is most probably the no1 on the welterweight rankings, but I don't agree that it makes him the best P4P fighter, in my opinion it makes him number 2. If I did a welterweight rankings right now, I'd have it Shane, Manny and then Floyd. This based on competition fought and results gained. As for the P4P, you don't have to be on top of your weight class to be in the P4P. Manny can campaign at light-welterweight and could comfortably make that weight and EASILY be the best fighter in that weight class, but he is fighting at welterweight as the best fights are there. When Floyd moved to Welterweight and beat Zab, he was still number 2 welterweight yet P4P number 1.....so why can't Manny be the same?
          good point, i try to be a non bias floyd fan

Comment

It depends how the fight goes....but I still think I'd consider Pacquaio the best in the division if he wins.

Comment

if floyd beats shane the #1 WW than that makes him #1 in the division but not P4P, i would put him at 2. but if he beat shane in impressive fashion, than u can make a case for him being P4P #1

Comment

Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
                i love the logic how you go from you must beat #1 to be #1. you can't beat #3 to get number 1. you just said the same **** in paragraph one then you fail to keep that going.

WOW and people are backing you up?

so if you beat shane the #3 and you don't fight the #1 Pac in P4P you get #1 cause your #1 in WW for beating #1 in WW but not beating #1 in P4P.
                Yes, Floyd would get number 1 P4P back because he is beating the #3 and he happens to be in number one in the division. Pac hasn't done that, he beat Miguel who by most wasn't in the top 10 or if he was, was in the 8-10 range. Honestly, the only reason Pac was number 1 was because of Mayweathers retirement. He kept that title when Mayweather came back because he kept fighting good fighters and Mayweather took on Marquez. Now that Mayweather is taking on the number 1 WW and #3 P4P fighter, it trumps everything that Pac accomplished since the return of Mayweather and in return gives Mayweather the crown.

As for the WW argument, it is self explanatory because Shane is number 1 in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                  if floyd beats shane the #1 WW than that makes him #1 in the division but not P4P, i would put him at 2. but if he beat shane in impressive fashion, than u can make a case for him being P4P #1
                  This could could be the case. If Floyd ices Shane and KO's him and does it all in dominant fashion, I would probably put him above Manny. Likewise if Shane totally destroys Mayweather you might have an arguement to put him above Manny....my guess though, whoever wins. The rankings will stay the same and then the winner will fight Manny to determine the undisputed P4P King.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    Yes, Floyd would get number 1 P4P back because he is beating the #3 and he happens to be in number one in the division. Pac hasn't done that, he beat Miguel who by most wasn't in the top 10 or if he was, was in the 8-10 range. Honestly, the only reason Pac was number 1 was because of Mayweathers retirement. He kept that title when Mayweather came back because he kept fighting good fighters and Mayweather took on Marquez. Now that Mayweather is taking on the number 1 WW and #3 P4P fighter, it trumps everything that Pac accomplished since the return of Mayweather and in return gives Mayweather the crown.

As for the WW argument, it is self explanatory because Shane is number 1 in the division.
                    I disagree....Manny is number one firstly because Mayweather retired I agree. But then he backed it up by beating everyone he fought in convincing fashion. From Oscar (in a fight almost EVERYONE expected him to lose) to Hatton, to Cotto to Clottey. In all that time, Floyd has beaten Marquez and cheated him on the scales in the process...that is completely undeserving of being P4P no1. Even if he beats Mosley. It's Mayweathers resume of Marquez and Mosley....vs Pacqiuao's resume of De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto and Clottey. Pacquiao win's hands down.

Comment

well, we'll see how it goes on saturday. if PBF knocks shane out or makes him look like marquez. then it'll be 50/50. but i don't think they should easily give him p4p back w/out beating the current P4P Champ. Dude hasn't lost and extremely impressive in all his last outings.

Plus he's given enough reason since moving into P4P King all the right reasons for being the P4P. Moving in weight taking on the best if not disputed the best in the weight.

BTW, Shane lost to #2 Cotto. So can't say cotto wasn't ****. he was just made that way after MargoCHEATO then Pac.
                      Last edited by nj_evoixgsr; 04-25-2010, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X