Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is BKB (Big Knockout Boxing) going to be popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never hear od it until I seen people here posting about it here, so I decided to download the main event to see what it was like. My first reaction was the strange round ring with no ring ropes. The whole concept was strange to me at first. I decided to download all the fights to check it out and when I got through then, I really started enjoying it. The format actually forces a lot of action. I can see some of the more popular brawlers getting tired of chasing the runners down and going to BKB so they get the type of action fights they want. I think getting bigger names with make it more and more popular, at least in the Untied States. I can see this becoming a big problem for traditional boxing in the United States. If all the action fighters switch to BKB, that will leave only the boring fighters fighting each other. Boring fighters need action fighters/brawlers to make them look good. If they don't have anyone to push the action for them, then people won't want to see them.

Comment

I think its cool, but for those saying yo cant backpedal thats a lie ask Rosado. You just have less room. Boxers could still box in that space. Phone booth it is not

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        It's a farce let it die like the ufc, long live the sweet science.
        Nah, I truly believe BKB is here to stay and will be more and more popular in the future.

Comment

It'll be gone two years from now

Comment

It's cool....

It's action packed, and if these guys ever landed a late night cable deal, it would explode in popularity

Comment

Even though I like it...If BKB were to take off I wonder if it would result in more fighters getting hurt?

Not as much of "the sweet science"....with the pit and everything BKB is more like human c-ockfighting.

Comment

It's an interesting concept where boxing seems to go out the window and it's mostly slugfests or favors the punchers that don't like moving. While that's usually the best parts of watching a normal boxing match, having too much of it I think would take away from what makes a normal boxing match epic.

Still, I'm sure this can have it's fans easily and it's not like it's MMA or something. It's still boxing related. I feel it's a dumbed down version of boxing but that's not completely a bad thing...

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                  It's an interesting concept where boxing seems to go out the window and it's mostly slugfests or favors the punchers that don't like moving. While that's usually the best parts of watching a normal boxing match, having too much of it I think would take away from what makes a normal boxing match epic.

Still, I'm sure this can have it's fans easily and it's not like it's MMA or something. It's still boxing related. I feel it's a dumbed down version of boxing but that's not completely a bad thing...
                  Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel too.

Comment

I think it's exactly what ufc fans want, two guys standing and trading. Nobody wants to see wrestling on the mat. They really need to market it to them. I don't mind it myself, it gets to the point.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      They best they'll do is a bunch of fringe contenders like gabe and Vera. Why watch that over real boxing lol
                      Its just a place for washed up fighters who cant make it in the real ring. Journeymens chance to make a name for themselves !

Comment

Working...
                      X