Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights from Washington, D.C.: Peterson 139.4, Holt 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weights from Washington, D.C.: Peterson 139.4, Holt 140

Lamont Peterson and Kendall Holt both made the junior-welterweight limit on Thursday afternoon for their title fight airing tomorrow night on ESPN2’s Friday Night Fights from the D.C. Armory in Washington, D.C.

Peterson, who will be defending his International Boxing Federation belt, weighed in at 134.4-pounds. Holt, meanwhile, checked in at 140-pounds.

Peterson will be fighting for the first time since December 2011, when he defeated Amir Khan in a close and controversial split decision. Peterson and Khan were supposed to have a rematch last year, only for that to be called off after Peterson tested positive for synthetic testosterone, which he said was used for medical reasons. The 29-year-old from Washington, D.C., is 30-1-1 with 15 knockouts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I got Holt taking this one against PEDerson.. unless PEDerson hired Memo Heredia to mask and cycle off his PED usage...

Comment

Headed down there tomorrow morning, looking forward to it!

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing Peterson back in the ring doing his thing.LP will easily beat Holt maybe stop him

Comment

GBP has the 140lb Division on lock. So I hope Peterson takes it. That sets up the possibility of a Matthysse or Garcia vs Peterson for the undisputed championship. I can dig that.

Comment

Pretty good main event for ESPN.

Comment

If LP wins tomorrow, I'd still like to see the Khan rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                I got Holt taking this one against PEDerson.. unless PEDerson hired Memo Heredia to mask and cycle off his PED usage...
                Not saying I agree with the sentiments, but I agree on the outcome. The drugs usually take more away, when you quit, than you had when you started. Holt has no history of abuse, so he gets my "more likely to be real, show up like before" points.

Comment

Assuming Garcia trashes Zab like is expected and then chooses to fight Khan again, anybody interested in Peterson vs Matthysse?? Would be cool if the2 fights was on the same card.

Comment

Peterson beat Khan back in 2011??

Times flies, man. Shit.

Comment

Working...
                    X