Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson: If Hopkins Wants a Brutal Fight, It'll Be Brutal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like a fool to me , if it's a "brutal" fight Hopins wins easier , thats his specialty .. Dawson best chance is to out-box him using his jab and standing tall and have superior footwork... but i think bhop will force the fight to the ropes and punish chad in there , also in the clinches bhop will dominate. Bhop wins by a landslide , bring on Bute

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
      I would love to see Dawson wake up and drop the indifference and the superiority complex for once and go after the old man with all. More jabs and 1-2s and more agressiveness would make him unbeatable.

Lets not get carried away Pin. I like Dawson but he is who he is and my gut tells me over the last 2-3 years he has lost some of his desire to be in there. Lots of talent amazing talent but he has theses mental lapses that make you wonder what the hell is going on? Different trainers and drama makes no sense. I think he will get schooled by Hopkins if father time hasnt caught up with the old man. To win this Bad Chad has to fight great fight, he has to be the old Bad Chad but I think that ship has sailed.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfaze19 View Post
        sounds like a fool to me , if it's a "brutal" fight Hopins wins easier , thats his specialty .. Dawson best chance is to out-box him using his jab and standing tall and have superior footwork... but i think bhop will force the fight to the ropes and punish chad in there , also in the clinches bhop will dominate. Bhop wins by a landslide , bring on Bute

Yep these type of statements from Dawson tells me Hopkins/ the scale of this fight is already weighing heavily on his mind. He needs to be himself just as good of a Chad Dawson as he can be that night.

Comment

Exactly king!!!....Chad sounds like a confused lil dude....B.Hop has gotten to him and come fight night the kid will be easy work for the most part imo

Comment

I disagree. I think he has to whoop the champ. If he just goes in there with Hopkins and boxes, he has the tools to outbox Nard, but Nard will make it look closer with all the dirty stuff with a good punch here and there..dawson has the right mindset

Comment

It's a good match up but I wont be paying out of my pocket to watch it. Sucks it's not on regular HBO it's got a decent undercard to but with Ortiz vs May and Pac vs Marquez and Cotto vs Margarito I passing on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                You're only fooling yourself, Chad. We all know this is gonna be a slow tempo tactical fight, not that there's anything wrong with that.
                agree. figure smart as a fox hop is going to dictate the tempo. and by midrounds chad will start taking round off.

Comment

Lol, says the guy who looked like he was sleepy against Pascal.

Comment

to me this is another stupid fight with hopkins passing dawson the tourch..just 2 noticable names to draw a crowd.LHW is NOt hopkins weght

Comment

Anybody know how much this PPV is going to cost? It should be of the $39.95 price range. If it $49.95 and $55 for HD sorry B-Hop I will not be buying this fight.

I used to be fan of Dawson until he left Eddie Mustafa Muhhammad. Didn't like that move at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X