No announcement yet.

FOA: *****s please explain i'd give all my points for an explanation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOA: *****s please explain i'd give all my points for an explanation

what's the difference between manny getting tested a day after the fight which team pacman agrees to a day before the fight which team pacman doesnt agree?

will steroid be flush out of the system that fast?????????

I'm not a ***** but Pac team also agreed to a blood test a week before the fight (or anything not within 2 days of the fight). So yeah there you go....before and after blood tests.

Comment

the fight will happen this is just another move to hype up the fight around the world.as far as your question goes im not quailfied to answer that,if we have any experts on this forum then it would be intersting to hear what they would have to say?

Comment

Originally posted by MIT.Engineer View Post
        what's the difference between manny getting tested a day after the fight which team pacman agrees to a day before the fight which team pacman doesnt agree?

will steroid be flush out of the system that fast?????????

I'm not a '*****' but I'd like all your points please, sir.

We need to get past the term 'steroid'. The problem is any substance that enhances performance. EPO, for example. If used correctly, while it might be caught in a blood test just a day or two prior to the fight, it could be gone by the day after. Here:

World records in sports are broken by better athletes, better training methods, better nutrition or new drugs. Drugs appear to be the cause of many recent records in sports requiring strength and speed. Many bicycle racers know that some drugs that make them better riders can’t be detected by testing techniques that are available today. A recent study shows that laboratories have no definitive test to discover athletes who take erythropoietin (EPO), a drug to boost their red blood cell counts (Haematologica, August, 2006). Athletes have found that taking very low doses of EPO daily will raise red blood cell counts, and will not give test results high enough to show that they are taking extra EPO.

The primary limiting factor to how fast a person can ride a bicycle over long distances is the time it takes to move oxygen from the lungs into the muscles. So anything that increases oxygen transport from the lungs into the bloodstream, or carries more oxygen in the bloodstream, or moves oxygen faster from the blood into muscles will make a person a faster bicycle racer. Since more than 95 percent of the oxygen in the bloodstream is carried by hemoglobin in red blood cells, anything that increases the concentration of red blood cells will help a racer ride faster.

When healthy people do not get enough oxygen, their kidneys produce a hormone called EPO that causes the bone marrow to make more red blood cells. When athletes are given additional EPO, their red blood cell counts rise and their performance improves.

Doctors can do blood tests for EPO, but the hormone lasts only a few days in the bloodstream, so athletes who stop taking EPO several days before testing may not be caught. Some athletes tried to foil the test by adding pepsin, a chemical found in spot removers, to their urine samples. However this destroyed all of the EPO including their own natural EPO, so they failed the test because a person is supposed to have some EPO. The new study shows that athletes have now found a way to circumvent the test by taking very low doses of EPO every day.

In other words, Manny could use EPO, stop two days before the fight- still have the added red blood cell count, and yet- after the fight- test clean. The only way to catch a low EPO level would be prior to the fight.

May I have those points please?

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
          I'm not a ***** but Pac team also agreed to a blood test a week before the fight (or anything not within 2 days of the fight). So yeah there you go....before and after blood tests.
          The much anticipated clash between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao is in doubt due to a dispute over drug testing.

Golden Boy Promotions and Mayweather Promotions have issued a statement claiming that Pacquiao's refusal to take a blood test 30 days before the March bout meant the showdown was now "in jeopardy".

Golden Boy chief executive Richard Schaefer said: "Todd (Top Rank president Todd duBoef) told me that Pacquiao has difficulty with taking blood and doesn't want to do it so close to the fight.

"He, Pacquiao, would only agree to have blood drawn before the kick-off press conference and after the fight.

"It is unfortunate to hear this from Manny Pacquiao's representatives, particularly since, as of today, both parties had worked out all other issues related to this fight.

"Team Mayweather is certainly surprised that an elite athlete like Manny Pacquiao would refuse drug testing procedures which Floyd has already agreed to and have been agreed to by many other top athletes such as Lance Armstrong, and Olympians Michael Phelps, LeBron James and Kobe Bryant."

Mayweather has insisted that Pacquiao's failure to accept the Olympic-style testing has left him questioning the possible "fairness" of the fight.

"I understand Pacquiao not liking having his blood taken, because frankly I don't know anyone who really does," said Mayweather.

"But in a fight of this magnitude, I think it is our responsibility to subject ourselves to sportsmanship at the highest level.

"I have already agreed to the testing and it is a shame that he is not willing to do the same.

"It leaves me with great doubt as to the level of fairness I would be facing in the ring that night."

Comment

Doctors can do blood tests for EPO, but the hormone lasts only a few days in the bloodstream, so athletes who stop taking EPO several days before testing may not be caught.

so a blood test immediately after the fight would be sufficient right?

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
              so a blood test immediately after the fight would be sufficient right?
              i heard from a very reliable source that it's gone a few seconds after the 12 rounds.. that's how accurate they are now with these PEDs..
              i cant tell you who my reliable source though..

Comment

aPPARENTLY NOT!

Comment

the point giver sees that even new posters are in the point giving mood this holiday season.

Comment

Working...
                  X