No announcement yet.

Denis Boytsov vs. Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    I would imagine Boytsov has more chance of winning a decision in the UK than Fury would have in Germany.
    I don't know about all that. Haye won his title by decision in Germany (I believe) against the Russian giant.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
      Whoever wins this will be regarded as a top HW contender.
      This says something, doesn't it?

Both have fought garbage opposition

Comment

Originally posted by VitaliDuck View Post
        This says something, doesn't it?

Both have fought garbage opposition
        Trolling alt accounts get banned.

Don't you realize if you're caught using an alt, both that and your main account will be banned?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
          Whoever wins this will be regarded as a top HW contender.
          This says something about the HW division doesn't it. It's in quite a sorry state if either of these two guys are considered 'Top Contenders'.

Comment

I have an aversion towards gypsys/*****s. I hope Boytsov destroys him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
              This says something about the HW division doesn't it. It's in quite a sorry state if either of these two guys are considered 'Top Contenders'.
              Exactly what do you have against Boytsov and Fury?

And "*****" is a racist slur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*****

***** is a pejorative slang term used mainly in the United Kingdom to refer to people of low social class. It is not well received among Irish Travellers or Romanies, and is considered by the latter an ethnic slur comparable to n****er.

Comment

Tyson Fury has improved immensely from where he was during the past several years. The turning point, for me, was his rematch with John McDermott. The first fight he was out-of-shape, was a few punches away from getting KO'd and was lucky to escape with the points decision. Since that fight, he seems to have redicated himself to his conditioning and technique. He's a solid contender right now IMO.

Having said that, Boytsov needs to take the calculated risk and take this fight. A win over Tyson Fury puts him into the top ten hw list and most likely gets him a title shot. This is a guy who was a promising young prospect 3-4 years ago (I remember discussing him in NSB!) and through his ****e promoter, injuries and inactivity has largely made him irrelevant.

As to the fight itself, I like Fury by KO/TKO. As I mentioned, he's developed into a solid fighter, has superior reach, size and power and has been the more active fighter amongst the two.

Comment

I can't view Fury as a serious contender.

He's coasting past opponents now because of his physical advantages but once they're gone, what's going to happen?

Fury's added a new aspect to his game but has he improved all round? Even a win over Boytsov will not satisfy me as he too, is an unknown quantity. On top of being a 6ft1 heavyweight who fights on the outside...

Fury has huge heart though and he's a crowd pleaser. I do not dislike or anyway want to see him fail, I just feel that his improvement in one area is masking his entire skill-set.

Comment

Working...
                  X