Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Tripleheader: Salido-Garcia, Golovkin-Rosado, Martinez-Burgos Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nekeneg View Post
    did he quit or was it stopped????????? I thought it was stopped??? Why are people ****ting on Garcia, it wasnt his call...
    It was actually. They asked him if he could go on and I think Roberto Garcia jumped in and said "You can't breath right?" and Garcia went along with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      How did Garcia find a way to stop it when he's not the one who stopped the fight?
      well the doctor did ask him if he could continue to fight. mikey's only response was "my nose is broke" and his corner saying "let's stop it, let's stop it." sucks the fight was heating up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        well the doctor did ask him if he could continue to fight. mikey's only response was "my nose is broke" and his corner saying "let's stop it, let's stop it." sucks the fight was heating up.
        Your right,watch the tape.

Comment

• Robert ask the ref if the fight was stop would it go the score cards and the ref say yes so robert said ok stop it if the rules where diferent he would have continue to fight and move for 4 round and still win the fight easy he was leading by 10 points on the 3 score cards !

Comment

This is kinda confusing, if Garcia's corner asked the fight to be stopped then wouldn't that be a TKO victory for Salido??? This is messed up, the ringside doctor seem unexperienced. I mean, as a doctor, if you have to stop a fight because of bad cuts or whatever, then you stop the fight and go to the scorecard. But if they ask a fighter if they want to continue and the fighter said no then that's a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              No he got dazed by the headbutt and then Holt knocked out him out with a right hand.
              Either way, it was basically the head but which did it to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                Either way, it was basically the head but which did it to him.
                True it did most of the damage.

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                I didn't catch that. Well then it's the corner who told the doctors to stop it, Garcia just waited for their decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  How can you stop a fight for that? I have never, ever, seen a fight stopped because of a broken nose and it go to the cards.

If you have an injury that perfectly allows you to fight on, you can't ****ing stop it!

You can't stop a fight because you break your hand accidentally. What the **** is that all about? That should go to the commission and get changed to a NC.

Why couldn't he fight? He could breath fine, he hadn't even fought 30 seconds after it happened so how does he know? I've had my nose broken that bad and I could breath ok. Not great of course, but it wasn't bad enough to be able to ask a doctor to stop it.

Garcia was going to win, Im sure. But, Salido has the heart of a warrior, and seeing a broken nose would have spurred him on big time. He was starting to come on, Garcia maybe a little bit tired and starting to take shots.

There has never been an official ruling about stopping a fight because of a broken nose. You have to continue or its a TKO loss.

****ing disgraceful.
                  The broken hand comparison is ridiculous. The only way it would compare is if someone got thrown on the ground and his hand as 'accidentally' stomped on, and it broke.

Comment

That's not what happened at all. The only thing I heard the corner say is "accidental headbutt, right?" trying to make sure/lobby the ref in case it is stopped. The ref asked the doc repeatedly if it could go, and the doc said his nose is broken. They all stood around, tried to figure out what to do (e.g. the doc, commission member, and ref), and made the judgement call to stop it and go to the cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                      The broken hand comparison is ridiculous. The only way it would compare is if someone got thrown on the ground and his hand as 'accidentally' stomped on, and it broke.
                      The point being that in accidental injuries where they can fight on, they usually have to. It's a handicap. Full stop. It's also accidental. If a bad cut happens on the top of a guys head, he has to fight on.

I do agree it's a weird one, but guys have to fight through small injuries that occur as a result of the action all the time.

Garcia did stop the fight BTW.

Comment

Working...
                      X