No announcement yet.

mayweather vs guerrero a done deal, canelo on undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    i dont expect him to fight martinez. if he wants to improve his legacy then what else is there? no other fight does anything for him. its just a money fight.

Yeah you did say if you was Floyd so fair enough though I think you would avoid Sergio, at least I know I would if I was Floyd.

I think a win over Guerrero and Canelo (hopefully he beats someone half decent) would boost his legacy, it always helps if a fighter bounces back.

Sergio is just too much for Floyd though, its a massive ask.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      You mean the gift he got over Sturm? Yeah and Felix Sturm is no Sergio Martinez.

Floyd shouldn't be expected to fight Sergio, people just want to see him lose. Love how it goes from Manny to Sergio, who next, Wladimir?
      Oh please. Sergio used to fight at 154 and has offered to fight at that weight against Floyd or a catch weight below that as well. He's the same size as Canelo and Floyd appears to be very open to fighting him as it looks like that is being set up for September. Canelo is 15 years younger than Martinez and is not offering a catchweight.

It is not completely ridiculous whereas saying Floyd should fight Wlad is.

Comment

You mean the gift he got over Sturm? Yeah and Felix Sturm is no Sergio Martinez.

Floyd shouldn't be expected to fight Sergio, people just want to see him lose. Love how it goes from Manny to Sergio, who next, Wladimir?
        you didn't hear its canelo now. it's crazy what can happen in the 2 weeks

Comment

Floyd-Guerrero and Canelo-Cotto... I'll pay for that.

Comment

Don't have a problem with that, Let Guerrero get his payday...HE EARNED IT!

Canelo needs to test himself at least once before jumping in with Mayweather, try fighting maybe Lara or Trout! But he won't do that, it will likely be Angulo...I respect Cotto to much to see that man become a fukin stepping stone for some young overhyped dude trying to make a name for himself off of Cotto by catching him after he been in 2 Tough Fights Back To Back against Mayweather and Trout

Canelo really should be fighting Trout or Lara...or hell fight Keith Thurman if you want someone with an exciting style...but he won't, it will likely be Angulo or Cotto because neither looked all that great in their last fights

Comment

Guerrero earned it by beating Berto? lool

Comment

Yeah you did say if you was Floyd so fair enough though I think you would avoid Sergio, at least I know I would if I was Floyd.

I think a win over Guerrero and Canelo (hopefully he beats someone half decent) would boost his legacy, it always helps if a fighter bounces back.

Guerrero would be a solid win for Floyd and Canelo could be seen that way as well given his size, but I think if he is going to fight someone that big it should be Martinez or Trout at least (he's proven more than Canelo thus far).

Also, Sergio may be the only truly big fight available to him after Canelo. It would be very marketable.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
                  Oh please. Sergio used to fight at 154 and has offered to fight at that weight against Floyd or a catch weight below that as well. He's the same size as Canelo and Floyd appears to be very open to fighting him as it looks like that is being set up for September. Canelo is 15 years younger than Martinez and is not offering a catchweight.

It is not completely ridiculous whereas saying Floyd should fight Wlad is.

Sergio is bigger than Canelo and a hell of a lot better fighter who has fought far superior opposition.
                  Sergio would do some serious harm to Floyd, as great as he is.

Sergio could not get back down to 154, he is a legitimate middleweight where as Floyd isn't the biggest of welterweights.

Comment

i just dont think any other fight does anything for him. i disagree with guerrero or canelo adding anything to floyds legacy. especially with canelo. he hasnt done anything noteworthy, to me at least.

i think floyd could beat martinez. difficult fight obviously, but those are the sort of fights that add to your legacy imo.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                      Maybe my math is a little rusty, but may is how many months away?

Not that im pushing for a canelo-cotto fight, would rather see cotto drop to 147, but canelo-angulo is a useless ******ed fight imo. At that point, there would really be no excuse for running away from trout.
                      Basically 5 months away, and if Cotto is taking a vacation now, how is he going to promote and train for such a big fight?

Not happening.

Expect Cotto to come back for the PR parade week.

Comment

Working...
                      X