Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Canelo in December. So who is Cotto fighting next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Wow, that would be an interesting choice of opponent. I highly doubt they pick Trout though.

He already threw a wrench in the works of a Canelo-Cotto super fight once before.
    The more I think of it the more it a possibility, storyline is there wants to revenge his only lost at the MSG. Cotto/Roach be thinking Trout didnt really hurt him the first time and Lara just beat him senseless, Canelo out boxed him he might be ripe for the pickings at 160.

But yeah I think they will want a for sure win to ride into the Canelo fight with in May.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
      The more I think of it the more it a possibility, storyline is there wants to revenge his only lost at the MSG. Cotto/Roach be thinking Trout didnt really hurt him the first time and Lara just beat him senseless, Canelo out boxed him he might be ripe for the pickings at 160.

But yeah I think they will want a for sure win to ride into the Canelo fight with in May.
      Interesting to note that Trout's been getting some press lately too. Fight Hype has a new article out on him. Trout beats Cotto again in my opinion. Cotto is too slow.

Comment

top rank and golden boy got this all worked out. floyd got his promoter license. oscar knows this is the last fight for gb with floyd. they are ready to go to war with floyd on cinco de mayo and cotto/canelo is the only fight that can outdo floyd. as a fan, i want cotto/canelo now. but arum and oscar got this all planned out.

Comment

A fight with any top ten middleweight would be interesting. Something tells me Cotto is biding his time, waiting to see if Martinez can come back.

Comment

LOL I voted for Golovkin...I thought the question was "who should he fight next", but yea he is probably gonna fight Rubio

Comment

It's going to be Rubio in December, Canelo in May.

Comment

Soliman has his mando.
                Cotto should just fight rubio.
                But imo he will fight carlos molina or kirkland via oscar

Comment

People that claim that they're boxing fans don't want the best fight possible this year. Marinating isn't a big deal when it's the boxer with the same flag doing it. Casual fans are better than a lot of these hardcore boxer fans in these forums.

Comment

Cotto Vs GGG is the only fight that makes sense.

Yeah, if it's Rubio, he's ducking GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                      top rank and golden boy got this all worked out. floyd got his promoter license. oscar knows this is the last fight for gb with floyd. they are ready to go to war with floyd on cinco de mayo and cotto/canelo is the only fight that can outdo floyd. as a fan, i want cotto/canelo now. but arum and oscar got this all planned out.
                      If that's true then Floyd is going to have to find a new venue because Golden Boy has dibs on the MGM grand for both Cinco de mayo and Mexican independence day weekends for 2015. There is absolutely nobody that Floyd can fight that will be as big as Cotto/Canelo next May.

Comment

Working...
                      X