No announcement yet.

People are overating FROCH!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
    Typical fan boy responses. I guess this disease of fanboyism isn't only confined to Mayweather and Pacman fans.
    This is what's wrong with this board, the moment someone's beliefs and/or assessments get challenged, they shut down. Just like you do right here.

Comment

I don't think it's a chin issue, getting caught by a big shot as you're throwing is what KOs most fighters. Groves got stupid, not just that moment but he was standing in front of Froch for longer periods of time as the fight went on, not moving his head, waiting for Froch to throw and then trying to counter. Stupid.

But I get what you mean, people are getting too excited over this win, remember Groves was an unproven contender who only got a rematch because he surprised most people and made Froch look like the contender in the first fight.

Comment

lol didn't read.

if froch is getting overrated i'm all for it. fighters like him who takes on all challenges that comes his way and puts his heart out in every fight...boxing would always be better if we get more carl froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu View Post
          I stopped reading there. Go away, OP. You obviously don't know **** if you really believe Froch wasn't getting in good shots during those flurries. He wore Groves out and took him into deep water. He wouldn't have been able to KO Groves if Froch hadn't banked in on those vicious body shots he was landing on Groves that apparently were hitting "arms."
          Go watch all the flurries during that bout and tell me who got the better of them. Groves was in better condition at this stage of the fight than the first, Froch just hit him with Thor's hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            This is what's wrong with this board, the moment someone's beliefs and/or assessments get challenged, they shut down. Just like you do right here.
            What I said was correct. After what I said is when you see some better responses with some actual analysis of the fight and not just, 'he beat him go cry etc...'

Comment

Froch is a tough, tough fighter. No one with his kind of record (which stacks up well against any of today's fighters) can be even half as bad as some of the hairbrained critics suggest.

It's interesting to note that those who argue he's "painfully slow", "talentless", "predictable" with absolute conviction never address the obvious question such begs: how, then, has he managed to string together one of the most impressive contemporary records against the kind of opposition most of today's protected fighters would dream to beat?

Give the guy the credit he deserves. He's entertaining in the most balls-to-the-wall kind of way, he has the heart of a champion and he is prepared to die in the ring to be held aloft - the winner.

**** the haters.

Comment

Froch is great for the sport of boxing his stalking/brawling style backed up with a huge heart and determination makes him very likable. He has shown to be outboxed but he fights his way to make up for it by ko wich makes hos fights that much more memorable with the exception of ward. He was down against Taylor came back to ko him out and Taylor was never the same also in this fight against Groves, was getting outboxed and came back to spark him out.I hope Groves is ok after this fight. Froch's is gonna be hard to stop unless you're an elite boxer who can take shots with an inside game to neutralize his rally.
                Fantastic win for Froch today.

Comment

Why is he overrated? because he is slow? does that mean a fast fighter who loses alot is underrated? The guy is tough as nails physically and mentally, has a great gas tank over the long haul, and very good power.....he wins fights it doesn't matter how it looks getting the win is what matters.

Comment

Let the man have his Moment!

Comment

So you til have Canelo, Guerrero and Broner in front of him in the P4P ranking

Comment

Working...
                      X