Originally posted by The_One77 View Post
    Froch is also british so hes better by default
    What does that mean exactly?

Comment

So is Calzaghe, you twonk.

Comment

I think some of you lot are missing the point of this thread?

Froch went to America to fight a biggish name in Jermain Taylor in his first defense of his world title.

Calzaghe's first defense of his world title was in Cardiff against Branko Sobot. The America dream didn't happen till 11 years later (Hopkins).

Every man and his dog knows Calzaghe is more skilled and talented then Froch, but the point of this thread is a good one.

Carry on.

Comment

In only his 2nd championship fight hes managed to make a name for himself in America, it took Calzaghe 20 fights.

He may not have Calzaghe's skill but what he lacks he compensates with heart and determination to beat the best
          How is Calzaghe not British?

Comment

Originally posted by x-PeROxiDE-x View Post
            Calzaghe had all the skills apart from a dynamite punch.

Froch has no skills except a dynamite punch.

Big difference.

Dynamite b*tch slaps you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
              I think some of you lot are missing the point of this thread?

Froch went to America to fight a biggish name in Jermain Taylor in his first defense of his world title.

Calzaghe's first defense of his world title was in Cardiff against Branko Sobot. The America dream didn't happen till 11 years later (Hopkins).

Every man and his dog knows Calzaghe is more skilled and talented then Froch, but the point of this thread is a good one.

Carry on.
              Joe fought Branko Sobot becuase he was his mandatory, exactly the same reason that Carl fought Taylor.

The fact that Sobot was willing to go to the champions backyard says more positive things about him than it does negative things about Calzaghe.

Carl will always get my respect for having the balls to fight Taylor in America, even though his promoter won the purse bids and could have denied Taylor his shot if he wouldn't fight on Carl's terms.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Rider View Post
                How is Calzaghe not British?

sure wales is part of the UK and britain but hes still a welsh lad
                It was only tongue and cheek

Comment

In only his 2nd championship fight hes managed to make a name for himself in America, it took Calzaghe 20 fights.

He may not have Calzaghe's skill but what he lacks he compensates with heart and determination to beat the best
                  I gotta admit froch has more heart and no fear unlike calz, but calz would beat froch no problem.

Comment

sure wales is part of the UK and britain but hes still a welsh lad
                    It was only tongue and cheek
                    You forgot to add that Froch considers himself Polish (which I found hilarious) he said on Radio 5 live he would like to fight once in Poland (both his parents are Polish).

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                      I'ev always said it...Calzaghe would beat Taylor now, as he would then if they had fought.

Carl Froch, good for him for coming to the US early. But in my eyes, Calzaghe proved he is a great fighter nonetheless and I would bet on Calzaghe beating Froch, Dawson or any other super middleweight if he decided to come back.
                      Zaghe can't beat Dawson, bet on it. More likely to beat Froch but even him i don't know. Dawson is too fast, too active (doesn't fade), too good for Zaghe.

Comment

Working...
                      X