No announcement yet.

If Gman had won over Benn, who could have possibly beat him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Gman had won over Benn, who could have possibly beat him

Lets say, Gerald McClellan didnt left Trainer Emmanuel Steward, and we have a fair and partial referee in the Benn-McClellan bout, fight was over in 1 round, McClellan wins, who could have beaten him after,,,

I believe the G-Man would have been the greatest, he would knock the **** out of Roy Jones after, the WBC 168lbs title change hands 10 times when Benn lost to Sugar Boy Malinga in '96. and none of those title holders, Robin Reid, etc. will win against McClellan.

Frankie Liles? Steve Collins? Joe Calzaghe? McClellan would finished Calzaghe off once he put him in the canvas, unlike Bernard and Roy.

Maybe a Jones rematch where a cautious Roy runs and survived for 12 rounds to score a points win could possibly beat the Gman.

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
    Lets say, Gerald McClellan didnt left Trainer Emmanuel Steward, and we have a fair and partial referee in the Benn-McClellan bout, fight was over in 1 round, McClellan wins, who could have beaten him after,,,

I believe the G-Man would have been the greatest, he would knock the **** out of Roy Jones after, the WBC 168lbs title change hands 10 times when Benn lost to Sugar Boy Malinga in '96. and none of those title holders, Robin Reid, etc. will win against McClellan.

Frankie Liles? Steve Collins? Joe Calzaghe? McClellan would finished Calzaghe off once he put him in the canvas, unlike Bernard and Roy.

Maybe a Jones rematch where a cautious Roy runs and survived for 12 rounds to score a points win could possibly beat the Gman.
    I can't stand RJ, but a 95 RJ defeats Gerald

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
      I can't stand RJ, but a 95 RJ defeats Gerald
      I second that, If Gerard lands one of his bombs on Jones' chin then I think it would be over but at the same time I don't think he could of.

Comment

No offence, but he'd be chanceless against a prime Toney. He just wasn't a good defensive fighter, McClellan. Also with Toney's granite chin his punches wouldn't be half as effective as against Jackson or even Benn.
        Last edited by Benncollinsaad; 09-12-2009, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
          No offence, but he'd be chanceless against a prime Toney. He just wasn't a good defensive fighter, McClellan. Also with Toney's granite chin his punches wouldn't be half as effective as against Jackson or even Benn.
          A 95 Toney, if in shape, ko's McClellan

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
            A 95 Toney, if in shape, ko's McClellan
            Sure as ****. Toney beat a McClellan-like Charles Williams by ko in '94.

Comment

Jones would have raped him worse than Nigel Benn did,Actually he wouldn't have given him as great a beating but he would have just tooled him,One was overrated but deserved the hype and the other was overrated and didn't deserve the hype.

I suggest you go watch HBO 24/7 with all the other noobs who know nothing about the sport or better yet go watch ultimate fighting you ****ing queer

Comment

Originally posted by BigMacFoster View Post
                Jones would have raped him worse than Nigel Benn did,Actually he wouldn't have given him as great a beating but he would have just tooled him,One was overrated but deserved the hype and the other was overrated and didn't deserve the hype.

I suggest you go watch HBO 24/7 with all the other noobs who know nothing about the sport or better yet go watch ultimate fighting you ****ing queer
                Who are you talking to?? I never know.

Comment

Gman's brain was in a dangerous state as it was. His career was coming to an end. I have his career dvd, and I can see him blinking uncontrollable after fights where he received punches, even way before he became the champion. I don't know which fookin ******s did the medical tests on him and cleared him to fight, but if Benn hadn't done that to him the next lad probably would have.

Comment

Jones.

I would say Toney, but Toney had left 168.

Comment

Working...
                    X