Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley really shouldn't be a first ballot hall of famer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who did Mosley beat at 135 that made him so special?

Leija? Oscar beat him before that.

Molina? Oscar beat him before that as well.

Comment

Mosley's only other shinning moment besides him beating Margarito is him stunning Floyd Mayweather twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Who did Mosley beat at 135 that made him so special?

Leija? Oscar beat him before that.

Molina? Oscar beat him before that as well.
        That's what I am saying.

Mosley for some reason gets the world LEGEND thrown around, he was probably the biggest most explosive lightweight I ever seen, very athletic, and powerful and fast it was like a man picking on kids. When I say big not just some fat slob who cut tons of weight, but a very muscular and explosive size advantage over his opponents.

When he went up in weight he couldn't dominate like he used to and he was fighting in his natural weight which is 147 he walked around at 165-170 when he fought at lightweight.

Even with steroids he struggled with Oscar

Comment

hes in my all time hall of shame list

1 Urine drinker
          2 Margacheato
          3 Mosley
          4 Roy Jones
          5 Fish net
          6 Evander Holyfield
          7 Eric Morales

Floyd would be on the list, just cause hes to ***** to fight Manny, but I feel like cheaters are more of a disgrace to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince-Naz View Post
            hes in my all time hall of shame list

1 Urine drinker
            2 Margacheato
            3 Mosley
            4 Roy Jones
            5 Fish net
            6 Evander Holyfield
            7 Eric Morales

Floyd would be on the list, just cause hes to ***** to fight Manny, but I feel like cheaters are more of a disgrace to the sport.
            Fish net? Is that Oscar? How did he cheat
            Urine drinker? JMM? How did he cheat?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              Fish net? Is that Oscar? How did he cheat
              lol I think him dressing in drag was enough to include him on his list of shame.

Comment

Yeah it obviously doesn't matter anymore at this point, but if Shane hadn't always elected to try to fight bigger guys (and use PEDs to do it) and campaigned at 135-140-147 his resume would look a lot better.

But I think people give him a lot of credit for his style, he was a fan friendly throwback type of fighter. Very tough, awesome chin.

His post-Forrest/Winky comeback was entertaining (Vargas fights especially) but everything after Margarito was simply to cash out and really hard to watch. I hope he stays retired- the thought of a Malignaggi fight was making me really aggravated.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Seriously when you go over his accomplishments, what makes him so great?

Floyd has better accomplishments than him at the lower weights.

So basically now if you fought everyone but lost you should get into the hall of fame? Just becuaes you didn't duck anyone?

I'm not saying Shane shouldn't be in the hall but people hype him up too much, he isn't a first ballot guy, maybe he could get in on the third try in a weaker voting year?

He beat up a washed up Vargas, was getting outboxed by a one dimensional brawling washed up Mayorga and than pulls off a last ditch KO, Lost to Floyd, Lost to Vernon twice, lost twice to winky wright, lost to Miguel Cotto he did good in the fight but lost, used steroids for Oscar, and was given a gift in the rematch, lost to Pacquiao ran like a scared cat in that fight, lost to Canelo, his best win is Antonio Margarito. and his lightweight reign is kinda weak most notable name is jesse james leija.
                  Mosley was P4P the best fighter in the world at one point, he deserves to be a first ballot hof..Oh and he will be a first ballot hof..

Comment

Mayorga (who might I add had some decent wins himself..not like he was a bum) was beating Shane? Couldn't get past that. Anyway, lesser fighters have gone in... No issue here. Don't understand the hate..and also biggest lightweight ever? :|... The bait is good in this one.

Comment

Shane's LW run looked spectacular, but it was fat with mediocre comp.

his achievements after LW are what distinguished him. but, ofc, those were all called into question when he was found to be associated with BALCO.

Comment

Working...
                      X