Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ballot Measures

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gay people dont make me feel "funny" about myself so I dont care about them, I think pot should be legal though

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
      I work in a lumber yard now and I don't feel by ending affirmative action that where I work it will matter much. In Colorado we have a big and growing Latino population and I think it won't effect very many of the blue collar jobs. Becuase right now most of the construction crews are made up of latino's and the same with many of the factories and plants around here.

At the same time though with the growing latino population many of the xenophobes have come out and I could see some business owners not hiring hispanics. Basically because of the stereotypes that are out there and they could also think they are illegal immigrants even though they have proof of being a citizen. Socially where I live anyways there have been times of mistrust between hispanics and whites. Especially a couple of years ago when ICE raided the beef plant here. Personally I want to get a job becuase Im qualified not because im latino, but affirmative action at least gives that equality that I don't know would exist if it wasn't in action. Maybe Im wrong, but if it does pass I guess I'll have to wait and see.
      That's a fair take. I think there is definitely a benifit that comes from diversity in the classroom and the workplace. I'd just like to see it achieved without quotas...

Comment

What no more ****s and **** lovers want to kick and scream about the "****phobic" American voters, lol...

Comment

Affirmative action far from guarantees securing qualified workers. In order to satisfy quotas, affirmative action often results in a sacrificing of quality. Affirmative action does not give you an edge. Thomas Sowell did a lot of research on this in Affirmative Action Around the World. It's simply ineffective.

Comment

Working...
          X