• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pride news, 25 and otherwise

Got this from sherdog.com

DSE Coming to America, Signs With INDEMAND
    March 13, 2003
    By Jeff Sherwood
    The first media push in Japan has come and gone, with the signing of the big between Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira and Fedor Emelianenko. Hundreds of Japanese press filled the room at the Tokyo's New Takanawa Prince Hotel.

The fighters from the three main fights on the PRIDE 25 card were front and center. The Japanese media asked many questions, mostly addressed to Minotuaro and Fedor, who both seemed very calm and relaxed, almost sleep walking through the questions. Both looked to be in great shape, and ready to throw down.

Other fighters on the stage were also relaxed, including Carlos Newton, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Anderson Silva, and Kevin Randleman. A few quick observations:

-Randleman was still tipping the scales at about 221lbs.
    -Quinton was cutting weight, and down at 209 lbs.
    -Both Newton and Silva were already close the 84 kg limit.
    -This brings up another question: is PRIDE opening up other weight classes, as Silva and Newton are to be at the 84-kilogram mark?

Nobuhiko Takada was the man behind the microphone, talking to the press about his new job as PRIDE producer. As it seems there has been a lot of false rumors swirling around, Hideki Yamamoto (Vice-President) assured us that Pride DSE will go on, and begin to cater a little more to the American ?Realitly TV? market. The days of the Japanese pro wrestler vs pro wrestler look to be on the way out the door.

?DSE is looking forward to coming to America,? Yamamoto said. We also learned DSE has inked a deal with INDEMAND to bring PRIDE to many more USA homes.

Time to shake the jet-lag and get ready for some Knockout PRIDE action.

---------

I really hope they make the 185 division, and that's some great news concerning the pro wrestlers.
    ________
    wholesale vaporizers
    Last edited by lightweight; 01-23-2011, 01:57 AM.

YaY

Comment

Great news, thank you kindly for the info sir.

Comment

Randlemans @ 222 three days before the fight, that's amazing to me.

Yeah for Pride on inDemand, now I'll be able to watch the PPV's @ my house.

Comment

HEY VITOR LOST 30LBS IN ONE DAY.

Comment

ya finally i can watch some ****ing pride.

Comment

Working...
            X