Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At Least DLH's Legacy Is Still Intact...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    DLH has lost all of his biggest fights (Trinidad, Mosley twice, Hopkins, and Mayweather). Those are facts...
    You're absolutely right. Which really makes Mayweather's win nothing special. He needs to have other great fights against other great fighters.

I thought you were a Mayweather fan, how come you're slating him and saying that beating Oscar was basically a given - which it was. In fact, I think that Mayweather (if he was as good as you think) should have done it a lot more convincingly.

But still there ya go.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wire View Post
      You're absolutely right. Which really makes Mayweather's win nothing special. He needs to have other great fights against other great fighters.

I thought you were a Mayweather fan, how come you're slating him and saying that beating Oscar was basically a given - which it was. In fact, I think that Mayweather (if he was as good as you think) should have done it a lot more convincingly.

But still there ya go.
      I don't think DLH is all the great, honestly. He is extremely popular and you would have to be a fool not to fight him for the money alone. I consider beating Oscar the measuring stick for greatness, as the other greats of this generation have all done it.

I'm not trying to hype up the win like it's the greatest thing ever like Hatton fans did when he beat Tsyzu...

Comment

DLH has lost all of his biggest fights (Trinidad, Mosley twice, Hopkins, and Mayweather). Those are facts...
        That is true. I do feel its unfortunate that Oscar was kind of robbed against Tito and Mosley in their rematch. If it wasn't for the bad scoring he would have two great wins more on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
          That is true. I do feel its unfortunate that Oscar was kind of robbed against Tito and Mosley in their rematch. If it wasn't for the bad scoring he would have two great wins more on his record.
          OscarRan in the tito fight... but didnt throw punches... Should have been watching more Floyd back then.

Comment

I don't think DLH is all the great, honestly. He is extremely popular and you would have to be a fool not to fight him for the money alone. I consider beating Oscar the measuring stick for greatness, as the other greats of this generation have all done it.

I'm not trying to hype up the win like it's the greatest thing ever like Hatton fans did when he beat Tsyzu...
            hahahahaha

not the same thing me old mucker. Floyd was a huge favourite against DLH who, as you have pointed out, has lost all his biggest fights. Tsyzu had only lost the once. Hatton was a huge underdog against Tszyu absolutely NO ONE gave him a chance. Also, Hatton made Tszyu quit on his stool whereas Floyd henpecked his way to a decision. His punching was effective but he didnt do as good a job as Hopkins or Mosley the first time, and Mosley was fighting a prime Oscar not a 34 year old that had one fight in three (ish) years.

Also, you've dedicated your sig to rubbing it in the faces of those that thought Floyd would lose and your avator to a photo of Floyd post Oscar. Not trying to hype it up? Please....

Comment

No Oscar Beat Mosley The Second Time And Trinidad.. We All No Boxing Judges **** Up Every Other Fight They Judge

Comment

Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
                No Oscar Beat Mosley The Second Time And Trinidad.. We All No Boxing Judges **** Up Every Other Fight They Judge
                you're right about mosley the second time but wrong about trinidad. Tito won. Oscar threw it away - but Tito won.

Comment

Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
                  I agree, But you have to go by the records. Not opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
                    Well, Oscar is 34 and almost beat Floyd. It's pretty easy to see in my eyes that prime for prime, Oscar beats Floyd.

However, pound for pound, since Floyd is smaller, I would say Floyd is a little bit better prime for prime.
                    SL, i think this old version of oscar isn't really aged like you'd think. in fact, I think the version of oscar that fought floyd tonight, if that version woulda been the one that he fought mosely with, oscar woulda won.

Comment

Oscar already bested Shane clearly in their rematch in most people's eyes. And Oscar was more active and aggressive in his youth, whereas with age he has become more selective. This is generally what lost him the fight vs Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X