Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Options Lacking at 168, No Reason To Move Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Because we ALL know GGG ain't gonna get a 40-50% against Canelo. Might as will ask for 90%. Until K2 realizes this they will never get the fight. Everyone from 147-160 would fight Canelo in a heart beat. So he has options. GGG doesn't. That's why he fought a WW over seas. I've never seen an A-sider do that before.
    The Brook fight was a money grab. Like I said : He's choosing money over legacy. And the offer for GGG from Canelo was like 12 million which is still more money than he'd see against anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      The Brook fight was a money grab. Like I said : He's choosing money over legacy. And the offer for GGG from Canelo was like 12 million which is still more money than he'd see against anyone else.
      they tried to flat fee GGG similar to what floyd and al haymon tried to do to pacquiao.

hindsight tells us pacquiao did the right choice.

will it be the same with GGG?

i think so.

the fight and ppv will be bigger and just like with floyd and manny, the amount of money they made and the fact that the ppv broke all records, the amount of money GGG and canelo will make will be bigger.

oscar tried to pull a fast one on GGG...

Comment

Originally posted by NateHound View Post
        You just said it yourself, are you that dumb? He's a normal middleweight... hence not big.

A big MW would be Martin Murray who looked HUGE next to GGG.
        My bad! But why even say "Not a Big MW"??? That's all I was wanting to know? Murray is a Super MW who comes down to MW from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
          they tried to flat fee GGG similar to what floyd and al haymon tried to do to pacquiao.

i think so.

the fight and ppv will be bigger and just like with floyd and manny, the amount of money they made and the fact that the ppv broke all records, the amount of money GGG and canelo will make will be bigger.

In terms of popularity, Canelo is closer to Floyd than Golovkin is to Pac. Perhaps Golovkin's team can negotiate a higher fee but if he really wants this fight, he might just have to settle for the offer.

Comment

Why do they keep talking to this dude? This guy talks to much

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

i think so.

1st the fight will be LUCKY to get 1.5 million ppv. How much you think Canelo was going to get???

We Won't include Tecate $$$ or GGG's Jordan/Television money. Which we BOTH know Jordan Brand give GGG a HUGE Check fr wearing their gear for the fight.

Just the fighters???

Comment

Top 5 fighters at Middleweight
                1. Golovkin 36-0(33) NW - Lemieux, Geale, and Murray
                2. Jacobs 32-1(29) NW - Quillin
                3. B. Saunders 23-0(12) NW - Lee and Eubank Jr
                4. A. Lee 34-3-1(21) NW - Kobrov
                5. C. Eubank 23-1(18) NW - N/A

Top 5 fighters at Super Middleweight
                1. Jack 20-1-2(12) NW - Dirrell, Groves, and Bute(idc what the result was Jack won)
                2. DeGale 23-1(14) NW - Dirrell and Bute
                3. Ramirez 34-0(24) NW - Edwards and Abraham
                4. Groves 24-3(18) NW - Murray, Johnson, and DeGale
                5. Smith 21-0(16) NW - Fielding

So you can compare resumes between the weight divisions and its clear that the Super Middleweight division's is levels above Middleweight division but is still a weak division

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Canelo usually is paid around $5 million. He makes up the rest on PPV, Ticket, merchandise sales, and Tecate/Mexican TV $$$$.

GGG geting $12 million plus PPV, Ticket, merchandise sales, and Jordan/whatever TV $$$$ he has.

That doesn't look bad at all! PPPL are CRYING because HBO and GB who will be doing 90% of the promotions and K2 lending out GGG from time to time getting the other 70-80%...

K2 pays GGG $2 million usually and POCKETS the REST. Why doesn't his fans cry about that???

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    How is 5'10" walks around 170-173 not a big MW??? He a normal Middleweight so don't act like he's Tiny Tim.
                    hes not a big middlewight, in the weight above youve got people like ramirez who are 6ft 3

Comment

People who think GGG will go to 168 let alone 175 need to see a doctor he aint RJJ or James ****ing Toney ,He is not a god you make him be ,Deal with it

Comment

Working...
                      X