Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winning Gloves - Sparring AND Bagwork?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning Gloves - Sparring AND Bagwork?

I've been reading so much about how great these winning gloves are...
    do people use the same pair of gloves for sparring AND bagwork?
    if so, what model and size for what height/weight? (i ask height because in combination with weight, u can sorta tell their frame size)
    Thanks and i would appreciate any input.

For the sake of your sparring partners, I wouldn't use the same pair of gloves for both sparring and training.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
      I've been reading so much about how great these winning gloves are...
      do people use the same pair of gloves for sparring AND bagwork?
      if so, what model and size for what height/weight? (i ask height because in combination with weight, u can sorta tell their frame size)
      Thanks and i would appreciate any input.

Okay so I got a lot to tell from getting my first winnings 3 months ago.

1. Yes they are that freaking good. Buy them, but only if you are serious about boxing.Once you strapped them on, you dont wanna get into another cheap glove ever!
      they pay off on the long run while having 4-5 years the best gloves.

2. I use my winnings for everything, for bag, pads, sparring.
      Mainly because I dont have the time to strip my gloves of every time I do bag.
      But if you got the extra money get extra gloves for the bag ( dont have to be winnings just some 16-18oz gloves).
      Because heavy bags sessions are the main glove killer. The pressure all the punches to the bag puts on to the gloves is high.

3. Depends on your weight.
      But overall get atleast 16. Dont get 14 or 12oz!
      Because they ****ing hurt your opponent in sparring so you would have to buy a pair for sparring and a pair for pads.

If you are a heavyweight get 18oz, no doubt.

If you are welterweight- super middleweight get 16oz.

I got 18oz and am middleweight.

I would say its beneficial for your speed, arm condition, strength and overall protection BUT I personally experienced that it kinda " slowed down" my timing in sparring and it also is harder on the technique cause they are heavier.
      But the reason could also be that the douchebags in my gym all use 14 to even 12oz cheap ass gloves and I fight gotta fight against these in my heavy winnings...

Also I recommend to not buy velcro winnings.

Just because the standard winning velcro offers very little wrist support.
      The lace up offers great wrist support.

Comment

I've used them for everything. If they get thrashed on the bag don't use them in sparring but otherwise it's not an issue. They are very soft so you may be able to get away with 14oz in sparring but you probably want 16's. Generally, you won't go wrong w/ 16's.
        If you don't have orthopedic issues you don't need Winnings so don't fall into the trap some do of getting them because it's the cool thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
          For the sake of your sparring partners, I wouldn't use the same pair of gloves for both sparring and training.
          even for winning :O?
          Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
          Okay so I got a lot to tell from getting my first winnings 3 months ago.

1. Yes they are that freaking good. Buy them, but only if you are serious about boxing.Once you strapped them on, you dont wanna get into another cheap glove ever!
          they pay off on the long run while having 4-5 years the best gloves.

2. I use my winnings for everything, for bag, pads, sparring.
          Mainly because I dont have the time to strip my gloves of every time I do bag.
          But if you got the extra money get extra gloves for the bag ( dont have to be winnings just some 16-18oz gloves).
          Because heavy bags sessions are the main glove killer. The pressure all the punches to the bag puts on to the gloves is high.

3. Depends on your weight.
          But overall get atleast 16. Dont get 14 or 12oz!
          Because they ****ing hurt your opponent in sparring so you would have to buy a pair for sparring and a pair for pads.

If you are a heavyweight get 18oz, no doubt.

If you are welterweight- super middleweight get 16oz.

I got 18oz and am middleweight.

I would say its beneficial for your speed, arm condition, strength and overall protection BUT I personally experienced that it kinda " slowed down" my timing in sparring and it also is harder on the technique cause they are heavier.
          But the reason could also be that the douchebags in my gym all use 14 to even 12oz cheap ass gloves and I fight gotta fight against these in my heavy winnings...

Also I recommend to not buy velcro winnings.

Just because the standard winning velcro offers very little wrist support.
          The lace up offers great wrist support.
          so its safe to spar with winnings even after bagwork with them?
          Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I've used them for everything. If they get thrashed on the bag don't use them in sparring but otherwise it's not an issue. They are very soft so you may be able to get away with 14oz in sparring but you probably want 16's. Generally, you won't go wrong w/ 16's.
          If you don't have orthopedic issues you don't need Winnings so don't fall into the trap some do of getting them because it's the cool thing to do.
          im just wondering if its worth getting winnings in the future, IF it could be used for sparring AND bagwork in 1 glove XD

Comment

im just wondering if its worth getting winnings in the future, IF it could be used for sparring AND bagwork in 1 glove XD
            The sparring after bag work thing isn't really as brand-dependent as it is situational. If your bags are cracking or taped up and your gloves get scratchy they may be more inclined to cause abrasions. Any glove can do this and Winnings leather isn't much different than other quality brands. As far as padding goes, Winning stay soft forever (the lining will get trashed long before the padding goes, in my experience). But, plenty of other good gloves will be soft enough as well. It's not like using it on the bag just compresses it to the point of being unusuable in sparring because, if your bag gloves are compressed, they are done and no longer good for the bag either. In other words, if your gloves are in good shape you can use them for both.

Comment

Yes you can.

And also they are worth it. There is a reason why ever fighter in the world got these!
              Mayweather,Canelo,Khan,GGG,Pacquiao all were winning in training.

They are the best gloves for training, but are they the best bang for you buck?
              No.
              But if you got the money get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                The sparring after bag work thing isn't really as brand-dependent as it is situational. If your bags are cracking or taped up and your gloves get scratchy they may be more inclined to cause abrasions. Any glove can do this and Winnings leather isn't much different than other quality brands. As far as padding goes, Winning stay soft forever (the lining will get trashed long before the padding goes, in my experience). But, plenty of other good gloves will be soft enough as well. It's not like using it on the bag just compresses it to the point of being unusuable in sparring because, if your bag gloves are compressed, they are done and no longer good for the bag either. In other words, if your gloves are in good shape you can use them for both.
                that was the sort of answer i was looking for.
                thanks again, together with the other post, ive concluded my glove dilemma cheers

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
                Yes you can.

And also they are worth it. There is a reason why ever fighter in the world got these!
                Mayweather,Canelo,Khan,GGG,Pacquiao all were winning in training.

They are the best gloves for training, but are they the best bang for you buck?
                No.
                But if you got the money get them.
                yes sir! thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                  I completely agree.

But truth is, it happens all the time.

Comment

Get a pair for each. Gloves get flat and hard after a while of bag work. You want your sparring gloves to be nice and fluffy. I spar in 18oz and hit the bag with 16oz. for no particular reason. Well I spar in 18s because i train with alot of green guys and kids and dont want anyone to get hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X