No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berto on Criticism: Not Paying Attention To That Bull****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
    It is pretty insane the amount of hate Floyd is getting for this fight. I personally Am purchasing it because as a whole the card is great. The main event is going to be competitive I don't care what anyone says.

I will list Pacquiaos oppenents before the Floyd fight and he did not get this much slack:

Chris Algeri??????? Noone really took this fight as a challenge. And this did (350,000) in PPV buys.

Tim Bradly????? Who he dominated in the first fight.

Brandon Rios???? A plodding slow ass punching bag.

I would argue that Andre Berto is on a higher level than those guys. I always liked Andre Berto he has skills and was the next in line to face Floyd before the Hati earth Quake and his injuries.

He has the ability to give Floyd a similar fight to that of Cotto and may even do better due to the fact he has way more stamina and is more athletic. I do not see him winning but by no means do I see a walk in the park. I have never liked Floyd always root against him except for the Pacman fight and the Judah fight. So this is not a ***** comment. The difference between Khan and Berto is that Berto jaw is not made of glass and he has the will to win.

I am looking forward to this fight card and that weekend continue eating FAT DANs and Brian Chambles blogs, and you are going to miss a hell of a night of boxing. Because weather he wins or loses Andre Berto is never in a boring fight.
    Oh yeah just look at all the appreciative comments people made about Pacquiao vs Algieri.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=646877

But again, Algieri was a reigning champion whose betting odds were substantially favorable to those of Berto's right now. Algieri was fighting Pacquiao, coming off beating Bradley which according to you isn't a big deal (I don't agree), and who was much smaller in height and reach.

Berto is a washed up ex champ who has been fighting once a year for a few years in a row, looking like crap in every one of his last 6 fights going 3-3 against not stellar competition. Berto is going to be fighting Mayweather, who is coming off of a win against Pacquiao, which surely is a bigger win than Bradley in your mind, and who has the reach advantage on him (height appears closer than it says on paper).

So how is Mayweatther-Berto not the obvious choice for bigger mismatch?

Rios was right after KTFO6, there was plenty of retirement talk buzzing around at the time. A reasonable opponent in context.

Bradley was a rematch of what was considered a robbery, and was coming off of beating JMM who was coming off of KTFO6. Can't see how that is at all unreasonable, and that's with me not even bringing up his very solid 140lb resume.

The rest of your comments about Berto's chances are pretty funny. Not sure how anyone can see Berto doing anything other than look stupid for every minute of every round, or close to every minute. The best thing he can hope for is that when he tries to shoulder roll, Floyd Mayweather will laugh hard enough to distract him allowing Berto an opening. Even then he still may not land given Floyd's reflexes.
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-02-2015, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I never understood why the underdogs get grief in these circumstances. Paul Smith got it for the Ward fight and there are numerous other examples of it. What are they meant to do? Turn down a payday and a chance at superstardom? The only person who should be getting **** for this is Floyd and his team.

Comment

Berto is a very live dog in this fight. Styles and skills make fights. I commend Floyd for giving Berto this opportunity. I honestly think Floyd was joking when he mentioned Berto but then decide what the hell. As for the fight itself I have said it before and will say it again, I think Berto is gonna make Floyd have to fight to keep him off of him. This should be a great fight. I favor Floyd to win but I would not be shocked at all if Berto pulled off an upset. I will also say if Berto wins I don't wanna see or hear anything about a fix or that Floyd was a hype job or no crazy nonsense like that!

Comment

Originally posted by trufightfanatic View Post
          Berto is a very live dog in this fight. Styles and skills make fights. I commend Floyd for giving Berto this opportunity. I honestly think Floyd was joking when he mentioned Berto but then decide what the hell. As for the fight itself I have said it before and will say it again, I think Berto is gonna make Floyd have to fight to keep him off of him. This should be a great fight. I favor Floyd to win but I would not be shocked at all if Berto pulled off an upset. I will also say if Berto wins I don't wanna see or hear anything about a fix or that Floyd was a hype job or no crazy nonsense like that!
          Ignoring for a second that Floyd is a hype job and that the fight has already been fixed (jk), I want to say that I can already predict exactly what will happen if prohibitive underdog Berto were to win. First, everyone will be like oh **** he's back, he's a beast blah blah blah, while also discrediting Mayweather's career.Then Arum will schedule Pacquiao-Berto, referring to it as the fight the world wants to see. Then when Pacquiao wins a very clear decision, this forum will explode with comments about how Mayweather is a bum, past it, never had it etc and that Pacquiao's new shoulder is godly, killer instinct is back etc and will hype themselves right into Mayweather-Pacquiao 2.

EDIT: But no way you think Berto can win.
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-03-2015, 08:45 AM.

Comment

although you will never be great I have respect for u berto, u have heart and always put on great fights. keep doing what u do. the majority of these clowns would never make it as far as you have in this sport.

Comment

Working...
            X