Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy died because medical staff won't let him drink.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a MAJOR NO CONTEST LAWSUIT!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Travieso View Post
      This ****in sucks he died wanting a glass of water... wtf

A 22-YEAR-OLD man died of dehydration after three days in a leading teaching hospital during which time he was so desperate for a drink that he rang police begging for help.

Officers arrived on the ward only to be told by doctors that everything was under control.

The next day Kane Gorny's mother Rita Cronin found him delirious and he died within hours. She said nurses had failed to give him vital drugs which controlled fluid levels in his body.

"He was totally dependent on the nurses to help him and they totally betrayed him," Ms Cronin said.

A coroner has referred the case to police, who said they were investigating the possibility of a manslaughter charge against St George's Hospital in South London.

Mr Gorny had been a keen footballer and runner until diagnosed with a brain tumour.

The medication he took caused his bones to weaken and he was admitted to St George's for a hip replacement in May last year. The operation left him immobile and unable to get out of bed.

His 50-year-old mother said he needed to take drugs three times a day to regulate his hormones. Doctors had told him that without the drugs he would die.

Although he had stressed to staff how important his medication was no one gave him the drugs, Ms Cronin said.

She said that two days after his hip operation, while she was at work, he became severely dehydrated but his requests for water were refused.

He became aggressive and nurses called in security guards to restrain him. After they left, he rang the police from his bed to demand their help.

Ms Cronin said: "The police told me he'd said, `Please help me. All I want is a drink and no one is helping me.'

"By this time my son was confused due to his lack of medication and I think the nurses ignored him because they thought he was just being badly behaved."

That evening Ms Cronin visited him. She said: "I told Kane to behave himself because I thought he had been causing trouble - and I feel so bad about that now."

The next morning she visited him before going to work. "I told three nurses there was something wrong with my son and they said, `He's fine' and walked off. I started to cry and a locum doctor told me not to worry.

"Eventually the ward doctor came round, took one look at Kane and started shouting for help. He died an hour later."

http://www.news.com.au/world/kane-go...-1225838001210
      Why didn't his mother give him some water when she went to see him?

Comment

His family needs to sue those bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          i came in here ready to fight, i thought someone was denied being served an alcoholic beverage.

how do you deny a request for water?????

anyone in the world: "look, I've got cancer and I can't move, I'm really thirsty, any chance you can grab me a cup of water from that sink 10 feet over that way"

anyone in the world that doesn't deserve to be shot on sight: "Sure, no problem man, give me 1.2 seconds"
          He may have been marked nil by mouth, which would mean that he should have been hydrated via an IV. |Someone forgot about it and as a resul someone died.

Comment

I'm not a doctor but...

Maybe his kidneys weren't working. Perhaps giving him water would kill him and his nurse forgot to give him the pills to keep his fluid levels stable as the article says. This would explain why the cops, his mother, and nurses didn't give him water.

Maybe the nurse gave him the pills but he refused to take them without telling the nurse. My guess is a nurse gave him the wrong medication and his fluids weren't regulated. If this is the case its likely a pharmacist fault.

Or there could have been something wrong with the IV, maybe not stuck into the vein or the needle was deformed... That way the water never would have gotten into his system.
            Last edited by Hous; 03-26-2010, 03:18 AM.

Comment

this remind me of the movie 'bringing out the dead'. one of the dude (mark anthony) there wants to drink water but hes not allowed to

Comment

I read some fucked up **** earlier this week.

This boy at school with health problems his school knew about started feeling breathless at school, he told a teacher and she told him to see if it improved, later he started fighting for breath, his older brother informed his teacher, and the teacher said he would "have to wait" because she was in a meeting.

His bro called an ambulance, and he died later that day. Paramedics said if they had been called sooner he wouldn't have died.

How fucked up is it when a teacher thinks a meeting is more important than the well being of a student.

I bet at this court hearing that's going on the teacher won't have the decency to accept responsibility and will no doubt make her excuses.

Comment

maybe he was tryin to make weight for mini-flyweight

Comment

stupidity like this amazes me it was only water its not like he was asking for a bottle of vodka. the med staff should all be taken to court sued for everything they have, sacked and made to walk in a hot desert for 2 days without a drink see how it feels

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      He may have been marked nil by mouth, which would mean that he should have been hydrated via an IV. |Someone forgot about it and as a resul someone died.
                      Well, they say he made requests. He made um somehow, even if he used different words or noises or hand signals.

Comment

Working...
                      X