Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto-Clottey Memorable Quote: Finish the job or the job will finish you!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto-Clottey Memorable Quote: Finish the job or the job will finish you!

I really liked a memorable quote in the lead up to this fight when in an interview Josh Clottey mentioned that Boxing is such that if you don't

'finish the job or the job will finish you'

These words turned out to be eerily prophetic because although I had the fight 114-114 the first time I scored it (Had round 10 even I believe, and one point either way is fair as well), Clottey could easily have sealed the deal if he had only 'finished the job.' Anyway an enjoyable fight but not as explosive as expected...

And oh, regarding the clash of heads, I don't get those calling it intentional, if anything Cotto was lancing a jab which he missed and Clottey threw a right cross shortly and put his head down, and an unstoppable force met an immovable object, the rest is history.

Cheers
    Last edited by JoeKTFO; 06-16-2009, 01:16 AM.

Originally posted by JoeKTFO View Post
    I really liked a memorable quote in the lead up to this fight when in an interview Josh Clottey mentioned that Boxing is such that if you don't

'finish the job the job will finish you'

These words turned out to be eerily prophetic because although I had the fight 114-114 the first time I scored it (Had round 10 even I believe, and one point either way is fair as well), Clottey could easily have sealed the deal if he had only 'finished the job.' Anyway an enjoyable fight but not as explosive as expected...

And oh, regarding the clash of heads, I don't get those calling it intentional, if anything Cotto was lancing a jab which he missed and Clottey threw a right cross shortly and put his head down, and an unstoppable force met an immovable object, the rest is history.

Cheers

I wouldn't call it intentional but this guy is known to sling that massive head around...So maybe he's not doing it intentionally.

but damn like somebody else said in another post.

How many Car accidents are you going to cause before they take you license away.

Comment

Working...
    X