Lara just plain DOES NOT deserve to win this fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
      Exactly. I thought it was close but Canelo did enough to win. Lara is what he is. His corner even told him to be more active and he just couldn't do it. Canelo's body work definitely paid off. I thought Lara was going to dominate as he started strong but Canelo gained momentum as the fight went on.

See i gave Lara the first 3 rounds. His movement had meaning. He was moving, and PUNCHING and Landing. After the 3rd, his movement became more and more about avoiding confrontation instead of making Canelo reset and pay. Canelo had to start chasing and bullying him, and I gave Canelo the credit for it. Lara's offense while still effective when he actually threw, was not nearly enough.

Comment

He still won it whether you dislike his style and would take it away from him that's just your personal opinion, but if you score rounds where one guy was landing on the other more 1 by 1 you know who won.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
          He still won it whether you dislike his style and would take it away from him that's just your personal opinion, but if you score rounds where one guy was landing on the other more 1 by 1 you know who won.
          If those punches have no meaning then it doesn't matter. A point that people clearly don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
            Even if we go by your logic, he still didn't win. He lost a split decision and there was no quote on quote "controversy". The judge who gave it to Lara had to have been real "impartial" to set his personal feelings aside and score for the guy throwing one punch while still on the move.

Comment

Working...
            X