Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana paid 1.5 million extra to switch gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a false rumor that team Maidana from top to bottom confirmed as false.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      We already had a story where Maidana's adviser said this was 100% false.
      Think he needs a Ban

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        We already had a story where Maidana's adviser said this was 100% false.
        I'm confused? Is't Al Gaymon Maidana's adviser?

Comment

Originally posted by -MARKAVELLI- View Post
          I'm confused? Is't Al Gaymon Maidana's adviser?
          Al Haymon is Maidana Advisor. Needless to say conflict of intrest.

source
          http://******.craveonline.com/news/1...n-wants-broner

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            yea, it was a blog by dan that was proven by team maidana themselves to be completely false..........
            LMAO, no one denied it. All Maidanas manager said was he didnt know how he got that information.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
              LMAO, no one denied it. All Maidanas manager said was he didnt know how he got that information.
              ^^^this

what I got from the boxingscene article was that that $1.5 million figure was wrong

It could've been more or less but there was a payment made

Comment

Yeah, Contursi said that wasn't true but he didn't really denied that they were paid for changing gloves. Dan Rafael said they were paid 1.5 million, Steve Kim said months before they were paid "significant six figures". I believe Kim version is closer to reality. Hours before the fight someone from team Maidana revealed to argentine TV that they were waiting an offer to change Chino's gloves. So, there's no doubt they were paid, the only question is how much they were paid.

Comment

What article did Contursi officially deny it? All I can find is this, which is not a denial of anything, at all.

I do not know where the information came from that we got a million and a half dollars for Maidana to use the gloves that he used in the May fight."
                  How is that a denial. That could mean anything.

Comment

I doubt it was that amount but it's common sense Maidana got a good amount, 6 figures sounds more believable.

Comment

No, the gloves were absolutely legal or there never would have been a debate over them. If the gloves were illegal the boxing commission would not have let Maidana wear them and Mayweather would not have had to pay him anything. Maidana didn't have an underground glove maker make him a special pair of gloves with very little padding. The gloves he wanted to use were a type of glove favored by punchers but they were regulation legal gloves that are used in major boxing matches. That Mayweather paid Maidana not to use them shows how much he respects Maidana's punching power.

Comment

Working...
                      X