No announcement yet.

Perez Hilton’s Insensitive Michael Jackson Coverage Backfires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perez Hilton’s Insensitive Michael Jackson Coverage Backfires

Everyone was shocked Thursday (June 25) when news of Michael Jackson's heart attack was reported, followed by reports of his death.

While some were saddened, others were outraged when blogger Perez Hilton posted an entry on his website, claiming Jackson's hospital admission was fake, so the King of Pop could bail on concert commitments.

However, upon learning the heart attack was very much real and that MJ had died hours later, Hilton edited his post, removing the insensitive comments.

But, the damage was done though. A trending topic appeared on Twitter called #unfollowperezz, where users unfollowed his account and expressed his distaste for his comments.

Rocker Pete Wentz blasted Hilton as well, and the two exchanged words numerous times throughout the day over the blogger's insensitivity.

Comedienne Sarah Silverman tweeted an ill-timed joke about MJ's death as well: "Did you hear Michael Jackson's kids are free? That's not nice. I'm sorry. Ugh, I feel bad for saying that. LOOK A BLUE CAR!"

Being the hypocrite he is, Hilton immediately chastised her: "I love you, but that's low!"

Support the Twitter movement #unfollowperezz: http://search.twitter.com/search?q=unfollowperez

Hilton already got his ass whooped.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
      Hilton already got his ass whooped.
      Whoever smacked him didn't do it hard enough, obviously.

Comment

Needs another ass wooping as well

Comment

Why do people even care about what this guy says. I wish he would have gotten his ass beat even worse.
          Last edited by Gareth Ivanovic; 06-26-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Hilton is a huge *** that needs to die.

Comment

i hate this fukin ****, i wish i could beat the fuk outta him until he stops breathing

btw, not so much for his MJ comments but i just cant stand him. at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rizilla View Post
                i hate this fukin ****, i wish i could beat the fuk outta him until he stops breathing

btw, not so much for his MJ comments but i just cant stand him. at all.
                ^^^^^^^^^

Comment

people should just stop paying attention.
                  i have never read the blog and just dont care what he says.

Comment

Perez Hilton, I'm afraid you have no hope. Your deep rooted issues are simply too deep to be removed. /wrists. Michael Jackson gets more respect from me than you do even if he DID touch that kid.

Comment

Working...
                    X