No announcement yet.

Which fighter(s) sparked you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
    You and me both brother. Random question, if the fight ever got made, who would you pick, D-Hop or Marquez?
    Marquez. I'm a bit hesitant about Juan Manuel at 140lbs, considering how small he is and how hittable he seems with his advancing age. But D-Hop don't have the power to hurt him, and he damn sure don't have the skills to outbox him.

Unless Marquez gets old overnight, I see a Marquez victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Marquez. I'm a bit hesitant about Juan Manuel at 140lbs, considering how small he is and how hittable he seems with his advancing age. But D-Hop don't have the power to hurt him, and he damn sure don't have the skills to outbox him.

Unless Marquez gets old overnight, I see a Marquez victory.
      Mann I'd sure like to see him collect a belt at 140, but I do worry about his ability that high up in weight.

Comment

• There was only 1 guy that did that for me and that was Ali. When I was a kid I popped in a tape of his third fight with Frazier and I was in awe of what the two of them put themselves through in that fight, naturally being a kid, I liked the winner, who was Ali so I started doing research on him and dug up old tapes of his fights and interviews, the way he talked, the way he fought, the way he handled himself inside and outside the ring (discounting the bad stuff which I didn't know about at that time), mesmerized me and you could say sparked me.

That fight made me respect Frazier a lot too, and it's still the best fight I've ever seen.

Comment

• sugar ray leanord!

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            There was only 1 guy that did that for me and that was Ali. When I was a kid I popped in a tape of his third fight with Frazier and I was in awe of what the two of them put themselves through in that fight, naturally being a kid, I liked the winner, who was Ali so I started doing research on him and dug up old tapes of his fights and interviews, the way he talked, the way he fought, the way he handled himself inside and outside the ring (discounting the bad stuff which I didn't know about at that time), mesmerized me and you could say sparked me.

That fight made me respect Frazier a lot too, and it's still the best fight I've ever seen.
            Damn, you couldn't have started watching with a better fight than the "Thrilla".

My first fight was a VHS version of Hopkins/Mercado II.

There is no comparison.

Comment

• Bernard Hopkins - Crafty, smart, skilled and very tough. I admire him on how he turned his life around and became the best he could be at what he did. Still one of the best fighters today and is 44 years old. He is my favourite fighter by far.

Juan Manuel Marquez - a great techinical fighter with great heart and determination. He gives it his all every fight. Marquez is a true warrior.

Miguel Cotto - Strong ,skilled and tough. He has alot of heart as he showed against Margarito.

Juan Manuel Lopez - Young, talented and very strong. He is one of boxing biggest future stars imo.

Comment

Damn, you couldn't have started watching with a better fight than the "Thrilla".

My first fight was a VHS version of Hopkins/Mercado II.

There is no comparison.
                That was a classic B-Hop beatdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  That was a classic B-Hop beatdown.
                  Yeah, it was. I had no idea of what had happened in their first fight. I didn't even know who Hopkins was. My neighbor told me about him when I expressed some intrest in boxing and Philadelphia boxers. He hooked me up with the VHS, and that was my first real boxing match.

Comment

No doubt, both of them are legends and ATGs.

It sucks they hate each other, but it's not all just because Marco calld Erik an "ignorant Indian" and sucker punched him.

After their 2rd fight, Barrera tried to bury the hatchet by finally shaking Morales' hand, and Erik threw a bottle of water at him.

More recently, Barrera has been pretty respectful of Erik in the press, never potshotting him at all. But more recently when asked about Barrera, Erik said something like "Why do I have to talk about him? He's a motherfucker!".

Both guys are seriously stubborn.

And I don't get why they both hate my boy Marquez.
                    erik doesnt hate marquez, in fact he says he wants to fight the man because he is the best fighter in the world right now.....but erik is arrogant so he has to say, im better than him first

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                      erik doesnt hate marquez, in fact he says he wants to fight the man because he is the best fighter in the world right now.....but erik is arrogant so he has to say, im better than him first
                      Erik loves Manny. End of.

Comment

Working...
                      X