Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isay he's close to being the best ever. For me theres no need to get into specifics about weight drainage and PEDS. These big names are signing the contracts so its legal. Im cool with floyd demenading a test but if Pac is not caught cheating then their legit to me. Beat Mayweather=GOAT for Pac. It wont happen. ATG no problem giving him that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Mast View Post
      Record 8 division world champion.

Beaten Morales, Marquez, Barrera, De La Hoya, Cotto and loads more.
      yeah pac is a GOAT. THE BILLY GOAT, THE ONE WEARING THE BEARD LOL.

Comment

When Mayweather beats Pacquiao, what does that make Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
          GOAT! Thats why this is the biggest fightt in boxing history if they get together. It can be called who's the GOAT.

Comment

^^i doubt it there is gonna be an excuse waiting
            but no pac is not the GOAT

Comment

People are quick to speak there mind and tell people he isnt the GOAT at every opportunity in a nervous way, almost as if they think he is, so try play it down as much as they can.

Well i was going to be quiet, but because people arent quiet in trying to deny Pac, i will say Pac is GOAT, alongside other GOATs, SRR and ALi.

SRR, Durans won some great fights. THose maketh the man. But just as wins maketh the man. Who you lose to takeths away. SRR lost a couple of nobodies in his prime, as did Duran in losing to Kirkland laing, who nobody would have forgiven Pac if he had of lost to those type guys.

Pac lost once to Morales who is an ATG. But he was raw and Work in progress then. The fact that Pac had a couple of close fights with JMM people are quickto bring up who criticise Pac. But considering JMM is a great fighter it is hardly an insult to Pac is it? People put such high expectations on Pac, that JMM being able to take Pac so close, is almost scandalous for Pac, and unexpected.

For the last 7 years or so pac has had an incredible run, with barely a hiccup to interrupt.
              He is the GOAT.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 02-13-2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
                It makes it an upset, just like Randolph turpin beat SRR. But that dont make Randolph the greatest ever. Because they take into account the rest of randolphs career.
                The rest of floyds career isnt as impressive as Pacs. He ducked the fighters Pac beat, and Pac beat the fighters floyd beat better as well.

Comment

These fighters, today, are so carefully matched that it's pretty impossible to claim them to be the "GOAT". Pacquiao has a lot of weaknesses that could be exploited, and I believe will be exploited if he gets into the ring with Floyd. His defense is pretty suspect, for example. Great combination punching but leaves himself a bit too open and is able to get away with it because of his speed, when fighting opponents immensely slower than himself, which Floyd would not be.

Floyd versus Pacquiao does not determine "who is the greatest of all time". That's absurd. It's just a match, and one which should've been made a long time ago. It's a bit like saying, for example, SRL versus Hearns I determined the "GOAT".

You have to consider a fighter's entire body of work, and it's pretty clear that Manny has been carefully protected from people with the tools to hurt him. Floyd is cherrypicking as well, by the way, fighting at his current weight, which is clearly not his best, and he's definitely in the twilight of his career... I'd say he's sliding.

Comment

Who cares???

tangnang bwiset na thread na to...

Comment

I could care less at this point, but when Manny's career is over....then that's when I'll decide where he ranks among the greatest of all time.

Right now he is definately up there, but again let's just wait till his career is over before we decide where he ranks.

Comment

Working...
                      X