Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between Bob Arum and Al Haymon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
    Did I miss something? When did haymon become a promoter?
    Where have I stated Haymon is a promoter ? Did I miss something ?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      so arum scams the fighters while haymon scams the fans? gosh it's like sophie's choice
      I'm no fan of either.boxing is a business,these guys allow themselves to be exploited by Arum and Haymon,on the guarantees of fruits and riches.

Take Felix Sturm and until recently George Groves,both self managed and promoted,is that not the way forward ? Next you're gonna try tell me Felix wasn't as successful as Arum's clientele right ?
      Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 06-29-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Haymons a manager, so he's never actually put on a boxing match for our enjoyment, he just makes sure all his clients get the best deal, which puts more fights on ppv so I don't see why we owe him any thanks. He certainly seems to be popular with boxers who have to look out for themselves so he must be good at what he does. I'd argue so is Arum since he's been promoting fights successfully since the 1960's

Comment

There really isn't much difference between the two from a business standpoint. Arum manipulates the media and uses it to his advantage when it suits him. While Al never talks to the media so I have to figure that bothers them. Because nobody really understands what his role is. And it's human nature to hate what you don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
            Yet, people dislike Haymon more. Even the media show a higher discontent towards Haymon. I don't see how the pair differ and if anyone was worse then truthfully & factually speaking that would be Arum.
            Whats the difference between Bob Arum and Al Haymon?..........Al's cross dressing?

Comment

Experience.

Comment

There's even a thread on here hoping haymon fighters get kod lmao. Not even the known ones. Guys I never heard of with haymon and people cheering he lost

Comment

The difference: Arum is an old Jewish American and Haymon is a middle aged Jewish American. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                    No one wants to be with Bob Arum.
                    Yet he's the one who gave your ghetto hero an opportunity when he was still a thug

Comment

Working...
                    X