Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Stiverne prove to you that he is a heavyweight champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didn't prove he was better than wlad, but he did prove he was a true contender to wlad

Comment

Wlad chops him down and everybody knows it.

Comment

Stiverne is a legit champ. No one, including Vitali Klitschko, has beaten Arreola like that before and I couldn't see even Wladimir beating Arreola like that because he wouldn't take as many risks as Stiverne did to land that sweet counterpunch.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
          Stiverne is a legit champ. No one, including Vitali Klitschko, has beaten Arreola like that before and I couldn't see even Wladimir beating Arreola like that because he wouldn't take as many risks as Stiverne did to land that sweet counterpunch.
          Champ yes because technically he has a belt but legit champ? No. You don't become legitimate world champion by beating Willie Herring (13-10-3) then Chris Arreola 2x.

Vitali beat Arreola worse than that. He had no chance the entire fight.
          Arreola was winning and beating up Stiverne before he got caught.

Actually upon further review Stiverne and Leapai have similar resumes once you take out the Arreola fights.
          Last edited by Fr3$h; 05-15-2014, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
            Champ yes because technically he has a belt but legit champ? No. You don't become legitimate world champion by beating Willie Herring (13-10-3) then Chris Arreola 2x.

Vitali beat Arreola worse than that. He had no chance the entire fight.
            Arreola was winning and beating up Stiverne before he got caught.

Actually upon further review Stiverne and Leapai have similar resumes once you take out the Arreola fights.
            The Vitali fight was called off by the corner due to accumulated punishment but Vitali didn't create the same sort of conclusive ending that Stiverne did in the 6th round by separating Arreola from his senses. I don't think Vitali even put Arreola down once.

To the layman it appears as if Arreola was having some success but that was Stiverne's strategy since round 1. He wanted to counterpunch Arreola with a well-timed right hand over his loose jab - to do that you need Arreola to throw punches and create opportunities for you. It was basically a version of the rope-a-dope, risky but it paid off.

Comment

No. Stiverne was losing the fight until Arreola gassed and stopped doing much of anything. At that point his punches became slow enough to easily counter. Classic Arreola really: Good hands, terrible conditioning.

Being punched in the face 100 times is not a strategy. Stiverne is not very good.
              Last edited by Fr3$h; 05-15-2014, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                The Vitali fight was called off by the corner due to accumulated punishment but Vitali didn't create the same sort of conclusive ending that Stiverne did in the 6th round by separating Arreola from his senses. I don't think Vitali even put Arreola down once.

To the layman it appears as if Arreola was having some success but that was Stiverne's strategy since round 1. He wanted to counterpunch Arreola with a well-timed right hand over his loose jab - to do that you need Arreola to throw punches and create opportunities for you. It was basically a version of the rope-a-dope, risky but it paid off.
                well,,,stiverne didn't stop aereolla the first time so maybe vitali would have also starched him in a rematch. either way vitali has never been regarded as a big knockout puncher like his brother anyway. he just clubs you into submission

Comment

Stiverne has sneaky speed and one hitter quitter power. His one tko loss was questionable, so i think his chin is solid. I think he needs to keep that left hand up and be more active to compete against Wlad. He's strong enough to push Wlad off in a clinch, and if he lands it's goodnight for anyone. he's still a 5 to 1 dog in my opinion, but he has a shot

Comment

Working...
                  X