Collapse
No announcement yet.

Referee stoppages are ruining boxing for me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he told khan to walk to him khan didn't!! probably because khan knew he still didn't have his legs under him which is why kenny stopped it.

kenny gave khan ample chances and ample time to recover khan just couldn't.

Comment

Lets talk about when Khan got knocked down all the time Bayless gave him. Khan will fight another day instead of getting permanently hurt. Look what happen to Margo against Pac, never got knocked down but hurt for life with an injury that made him retire

Sometimes you got to save the fighters from them selves

Comment

Joe Cortez
        (maidana fight).. End thread

Comment

I disagree, even though Bayless gave Khan too much time after the first knockdown it was at the end of a round so I am sure he took that into consideration. In the fourth Khan was defending himself and punching, he even stunned Garcia with a nice right hook right before the last knockdown.
          Its just the way it is. NBA superstars get questionable calls, NFL star QB's get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to late hits, and star boxer's will get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to stoppages.
          In my opinion, it legitimizes Garcia's win, if Bayless had stopped it after the first knockdown Khan and Golden Boy would be crying foul forever. The fact that Bayless let him fight through it leaves no doubts. By the time he was down the third time you could see in his eyes his he was done. Garcia would have ended it quickly anyway, better to protect the fighter than risk permanent damage.
          Last edited by QballLobo; 07-15-2012, 09:06 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by AIR_KENG View Post
            Don't get me wrong, I love Kenny Bayless as a referee but referees are given too much authority over ending fights that it becomes ridiculous sometimes. I recognize the fact that they have the best interest of the fighter inside the ring but they have to give the boxers the benefit of the doubt! For last night's fight, Amir even looked worse during the first KD compared to the third and the ref didn't wave it off. He asked the fighter if he was ok, the fighter said yes, but still waved it off. Come on! Boxers are warriors. Unless they clearly show hints of quitting, then the fight should not be stopped by the refs!

How I wish all refs are like Steve Smoger and let the fighters fight and decide the outcome!
            :qqq::qqq::qqq:

Comment

It was a good stoppage, in fact I thought it should have been stopped earlier.

However, the ref seemed to be helping Khan. He gave him far too much time to recover after the first knockdown.

Comment

Bad judging should ruin it for you more than referee stoppages.

Comment

yea there have been bad stoppages but this wasnt even close to being one khan looked like a drunk teenager trying to walk a straight line when they stopped it

Comment

Kenny gave him plenty of time to walk forward but he couldnt his legs were gone,how about you watch Jesus Chavez Levander Johnson and get back to me and tell me that a ref shouldnt have the authority to stop fights whenever he chooses cause on that night 1 mans bad decision cost a man his fcking life.

Comment

Bayless gave him the benefit of doubt imo but I don't think Khan needed to take much more of a beating..... At that point he had no chance

Comment

Working...
                      X