No announcement yet.

What is Oscars biggest career mistake?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hollywood image hurt him the most(imo)

if Oscar had been more focused on training for fights instead of posing for magazines and trying to be the next Enrique Iglesias, I think he'd have a couple more w's

and coaching inconsistencies hurt him alot too, it's a testament to his skills that he could adapt to so many different styles but he would've been way better off sticking to one trainer

Comment

if dlh never ran against tito, he probably wouldn't have fought pac cause he'd have been happy with his career.

everything dlh did post-tito was to outdo tito imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        if dlh never ran against tito, he probably wouldn't have fought pac cause he'd have been happy with his career.

everything dlh did post-tito was to outdo tito imho.
        In my opinion it was the jcc fight, but yes he could have redeem himself in the trinidad fight, funny thing is he didnt give a remetch too.imo.

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
          In my opinion it was the jcc fight, but yes he could have redeem himself in the trinidad fight, funny thing is he didnt give a remetch too.imo.
          Rematching Tito would've been good in terms of his standing with the hardcore boxing fanbase, especially among Mexican fans. Even if he'd been stopped, if he'd lost it in a Trinidad-Vargas like fight, I think he'd gain fans (of course, it wouldn't have been good for his future to take a beating).

But DLH/Arum couldn't come to terms with Tito/King on the money and weight. Trinidad did seem to adjust to the higher weight better than DLH though.

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
            hollywood image hurt him the most(imo)

if Oscar had been more focused on training for fights instead of posing for magazines and trying to be the next Enrique Iglesias, I think he'd have a couple more w's

and coaching inconsistencies hurt him alot too, it's a testament to his skills that he could adapt to so many different styles but he would've been way better off sticking to one trainer
            I think the different trainers hurt more than his training habits. He seemed to be a mesh of different styles.

The Sturm fight was one fight where he was in poor shape, the Campas fight he seemed so-so, but for most of his fights, especially the big events, he seemed to be in great shape. His fading late in fights I feel had less to do with training habits and more to do with being tense in the ring, and just not being blessed with great stamina. You can work on it hard, but some of it you're just born with.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
              Rematching Tito would've been good in terms of his standing with the hardcore boxing fanbase, especially among Mexican fans. Even if he'd been stopped, if he'd lost it in a Trinidad-Vargas like fight, I think he'd gain fans (of course, it wouldn't have been good for his future to take a beating).

But DLH/Arum couldn't come to terms with Tito/King on the money and weight. Trinidad did seem to adjust to the higher weight better than DLH though.
              I heard king saying "just put titos name in Oscar's place and vice versa(meaning the purse percentage) then we have a dea"l. I guess Oscar always thought he deserves the bigger purse win or lose.

Comment

It should definitely be for running away from Trinidad in a major PPV. However for some reason the impact of the Pacquiao loss seems much more substantial. It doesn't bother me a bit, but I just know that it is killing Oscar and his giant ego.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  It should definitely be for running away from Trinidad in a major PPV. However for some reason the impact of the Pacquiao loss seems much more substantial. It doesn't bother me a bit, but I just know that it is killing Oscar and his giant ego.
                  I'm surprised your answer wasn't "being born".

Comment

Originally posted by ChiRock773 View Post
                    Fighting Pacman was his biggest mistake ever...Even if he would've won people would still be talking **** about him...it was lose/lose situation for him..
                    I always said the same thing...lose / lose situation. Only money was good and that's all he really cared for.

Comment

Working...
                    X