Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe Floyd will retire undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    Are you saying no WW can beat him ?
    Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
    Yup they cant name a ww that beats him.

Moneyteam.
    A WW can beat him, but Floyd lets the Guerreros do all the hardwork fighting all the WW contenders, and Floyd just fights once.

The Guerreros have many good nights and by the time Floyd fights them, they are due a off night with Floyd.

Floyd is a good fighter, so if you fight less often your less likely to have a off night. If a so so mexican lightweight like castiloo can beat Floyd, a decent WW can as well.

Comment

Theres no one out there at 154 or 147 that poses a serious threat. Floyd is a technical fighter and he will turn it into a technical fight no matter who it is. Trout, Canelo, Martinez, Guerrero hell anybody out there. You cant play chess with a master chess player. We all know this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        Me and a couple of lads on here the other day were talking about this subject.
        I don't think the majority of us on here would have expected Manny to be stopped a year or so ago and that's the question I have now, do you guys think Floyd will go the next few years undefeated and retire that way or will time and another fighter finally catch up with him one day and leave him KO'd/TKO'd?
        Not Ko'd but probably lose a decision to a younger more energetic fighter when age finally catches up with him. Could happen in his next fight.

Comment

I am sure he will but it won't mean as much as he thinks it does. He will be in the Joe Calzaghe group of fighters. Guys that have respected talent and kept their "0" but no notable fights that they dared to be great in.
          When someone brings up his name it will be about the guys he could have fought but didn't instead of him being up there with the all time greats.
          Not fighting Pacquiao when they were both prime hurts his legacy IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
            Not Ko'd but probably lose a decision to a younger more energetic fighter when age finally catches up with him. Could happen in his next fight.
            I agree, I think a lot of people are sleeping Guerrero, I'm certainly not. I will admit before the Berto fight I didn't think he had a chance but I've changed my position now and before anyone says the obvious that Floyd and Berto are miles apart, i know this too.

Be interesting to bump this thread in a few years when he has retired to see if any of us got it right or wrong

Comment

I agree, I think a lot of people are sleeping Guerrero, I'm certainly not. I will admit before the Berto fight I didn't think he had a chance but I've changed my position now and before anyone says the obvious that Floyd and Berto are miles apart, i know this too.

Be interesting to bump this thread in a few years when he has retired to see if any of us got it right or wrong
              Guerrero will be a tough tough fight. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets a knockdown of floyd. Then itll be Floyd that we saw after he was buckled by mosley.

Comment

even his haters admit no one his size can beat him at 47.

he has to fight naturally bigger men in there prime for anyone to have a shot and they say he isnt a atg.

Comment

Me and a couple of lads on here the other day were talking about this subject.
                  I don't think the majority of us on here would have expected Manny to be stopped a year or so ago and that's the question I have now, do you guys think Floyd will go the next few years undefeated and retire that way or will time and another fighter finally catch up with him one day and leave him KO'd/TKO'd?
                  Come on now, I think most of us can sense that this is likely Floyd's last year in boxing. He doesn't want to face Alvarez at all and is only taking the Guerrero fight because he views him as less of a threat since he has had to move up in weight a few weight classes to reach welter.

If he is indeed fighting Guerrero (which I can't see who else it could be), I suspect he will probably win a decision in a very close match that involves controversy on the cards. After this match, he will want to call it a day unless he has an agreement with Canelo to face him in September provided Canelo wins his bout on the May 4th PPV. I expect Canelo to beat Floyd and make him look old.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    A WW can beat him, but Floyd lets the Guerreros do all the hardwork fighting all the WW contenders, and Floyd just fights once.

The Guerreros have many good nights and by the time Floyd fights them, they are due a off night with Floyd.

Floyd is a good fighter, so if you fight less often your less likely to have a off night. If a so so mexican lightweight like castiloo can beat Floyd, a decent WW can as well.
                    lmao,a so so lightweight huh this tells me everything i need to know about you
                    where's roger mayweather when i need him.

you don't know **** about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                      even his haters admit no one his size can beat him at 47.

he has to fight naturally bigger men in there prime for anyone to have a shot and they say he isnt a atg.
                      Same thing with Martinez but people call him a hype job......I don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X