• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess this is khan's Mentality

Comment

• That would be a great fight.

As long as it lasts.
      Last edited by mushahadeen; 09-12-2012, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• It's all well and good being a hindsight expert now and downplaying Khan's win over Maidana calling Maidana a plodder etc but at the time WE ALL said Maidana would KTFO Khan.

I know Matthyse is a whole different animal to Maidana but at the time there was not many who thought Khan would even dare get into the same ring with Maidana nevermind beat him.

Not trying to compare Matthyse to Maidana at all. I think Matthyse is much better and i also think he KO's Khan. However, im just saying...dont be surprised if Khan fights Matthyse.

I doubt his team would let him though. I think after getting knocked out he's allowed at least a tune up....nevermind getting into a ring with a animal like Matthyse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          I just don't get this...i really dont.

Yes Khan got his ass knocked out against Garcia but wasn't the fight entertaining? Wasn't his fight with Peterson entertaining? Wasn't the fight with Maidana entertaining?

At least you yanks were spared the McCloskey fight, that wasn't on HBO.

Yet you dont want to see him on HBO anymore? Even though nearly every fight of his on HBO has been highly entertaining?

As a Boxing fan don't you want to see great fights? Or is your level of hatredness or fanboyness so high that you'd rather see boring fights instead of a a guy who brings it nearly every time...win or lose?
          We yanks love fighters who can back their **** up, Mayweather talks loads of ish but he trains harder than any1 in the sport and always backs his ish up.

On the contrary, majority of UK's hyped up stars make their trash talk seem delusional and then cant back anything up on the big stage ever.

Then you have this Khunt getting KOd left and right, and still taking opponents lightly and talking that hes ready for Mayweather 3 days before his fight, then gets ktfo or UD. Thats pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Carl Froch is arguably the only UK fighter with his pants on the right place, not afraid of anyone but the chin and guts to give a tough hard fight even if hes supposed to be outboxed.

Like you said, Khan can get KOd 5 more times between this year and next one and hell still be pushing to fight the top names hes not even worthy of sharing a ring with. Its HBO, not the Amir Khan show, thats what everyone hates. He had plenty of chances why not let someone else the opportunity for once?

Khans all flash no essence, hes just a glorified amateur boxer.

PS: We werent spared ish of that dreadful Khan/McCloskey home cooking on HBO, at least it wasnt the main event. They left that for the big boys.
          Last edited by VapeRippa; 09-12-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WesleySnipes View Post
            man every boxer in the world can learn from this!
            if khan gets stretched bad by mathysse his career is all but over. along those lines it's a very bad move to take a fight with mathysse

you've got to respect khan. you've just gotta.

the kid has huge stones. he's not bright, and his estimation of his abilities is greatly inflated, but the guy has stones. big ones.

somebody photoshop his head on don quixote. he'll fight anybody, any time, anywhere.

Comment

• I guess Khan wants to get KO again. Khan has a ton of heart but there's a difference between bravery and stupidity.

Comment

• Deathwish..

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
                  you're hating. Lots of people thought Garcia and Peterson were legit competition, cause they were. Alexander has fought more top comp? so nearly, or arguably losing to Kotelnik and Mathysse (which were 10 round bouts if I'm not mistaken) and then losing to Bradley after being favored in at least 2/3 somehow translates to Alexander having "faced more comp" than Khan, when their resumes at 140 are quite similar when you factor in Paulie, Maidana, Kotelnik, Peterson, and Garcia for Khan. Bradley gets his just due for facing solid opposition and not losing at 140 (willingness to fight Pacquiao, or Mayweather for that matter doesn't display **** but desire to make money).

edit: and Judah for Khan. If you're going to include Maidana for Alexander at 147, I still have Khan edging out in facing the overall better opposition.
                  You obviously did not get the meaning of my post, which is Khan is not the only guy taking tough fights...Oh and yes you make money off fighting PAC or may, but you also Get a shot to prove your one of the top fighters in the sport..Unless you just show up for a check which Bradley did not do...

Oh and I have threads about both fights not a lot of people gave much of a chance to Garcia or Peterson...
                  Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 09-12-2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Khan's going all in

Comment

• Khan wont fight Matthysse, he is just making noise to keep himself in the headlines, rest assure GBP will find him a nice winnable fight against a non puncher as they know he is an accident waiting to happen in any fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X