No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Mormeck Reportedly Finalized For Dec. 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Mormeck Reportedly Finalized For Dec. 10

The fight is now reportedly finalized. Former cruiserweight king Jean Marc Mormeck (36-4, 22KOs) will challenge IBF/IBO/WBO/WBA heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (56-3, 49KOs) on December 10th before 50,000 fans at the ESPRIT Arena in Düsseldorf, Germany. Mormeck has been inactive since last December's decision win over Timur Ibragimov. This is no surprise to BoxingScene readers, as we first reported this scenario on September 10.

[Click Here To Read More]

Terrible fight. I can't believe that there isn't a better opponent available.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
      Terrible fight. I can't believe that there isn't a better opponent available.
      I am not fan of Wlads style but there really isnt much out there for him. Next year there might be a few good fights, but none of the prospects fight eachother and the ABC rankings are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        The fight is now reportedly finalized. Former cruiserweight king Jean Marc Mormeck (36-4, 22KOs) will challenge IBF/IBO/WBO/WBA heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (56-3, 49KOs) on December 10th before 50,000 fans at the ESPRIT Arena in Düsseldorf, Germany. Mormeck has been inactive since last December's decision win over Timur Ibragimov. This is no surprise to BoxingScene readers, as we first reported this scenario on September 10.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by davros2010 View Post
          I am not fan of Wlads style but there really isnt much out there for him. Next year there might be a few good fights, but none of the prospects fight eachother and the ABC rankings are terrible.
          That's still no excuse for fighting Mormeck, whom Haye beat very convincingly four years ago and who was past his prime even back then. It's so meaningless and pointless and silly that if he really can't find a better opponent he should stick to sparring until he can. And if he insists on taking such a stupid fight, at least he should spare us his pretence that Mormeck is a live and dangerous opponent, which insults our intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
            That's still no excuse for fighting Mormeck, whom Haye beat very convincingly four years ago and who was past his prime even back then. It's so meaningless and pointless and silly that if he really can't find a better opponent he should stick to sparring until he can. And if he insists on taking such a stupid fight, at least he should spare us his pretence that Mormeck is a live and dangerous opponent, which insults our intelligence.
            Wladimir is showing respect to his opponent, he is just fighting who is available.

Comment

Go Wladimir!

Comment

lmao...................

Comment

I'm hoping there will be a meaningful HW fight on the undercard: either Ustinov or Banks against a ranked HW contender.

And hopefully they'll have Bursak or Afolabi against a decent opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    I'm hoping there will be a meaningful HW fight on the undercard.
                    You mean because there isnt one in the main event?

Comment

Working...
                    X