Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad ALi's resume is light years above floyds.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Well done for saying the same thing 99% of fans agree with, only they didn't feel the need to make their own thread about it.
    End Thread/

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Muhammad Ali beat just about every heavyweight that mattered over 2 decades in what is considered the greatest era of heavyweights ever. His resume is chock-full of some of the greatest heavies ever.

It's unbelievable to look back on.
      sonny liston and george foreman were 2 of the most feared heavyweights ever.

ali stopped both at their peak.

Comment

It's no secret I'm no admirer of Floyd OR Ali...

But this TS, a recent addition to "Team Nut Bag" that I haven't heard of before, must have been lobotomised to compare the 2 resumes.

Muhammad Ali hardly fought any decent opponents, and only won against them through highly controversial or unusual circumstances, and was walloped by dudes not of sufficient quality to box today at all.

Floyd, scum as he is, has pretty much the best resume of all time. Second only to Pac's imo lb for lb. But atleast there I can UNDERSTAND the controversy!

Ali is literally a bum compared with Floyd, that is a fact!

They are both ridiculous figures for the sport though.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          It's no secret I'm no admirer of Floyd OR Ali...

But this TS, a recent addition to "Team Nut Bag" that I haven't heard of before, must have been lobotomised to compare the 2 resumes.

Muhammad Ali hardly fought any decent opponents, and only won against them through highly controversial or unusual circumstances, and was walloped by dudes not of sufficient quality to box today at all.

Floyd, scum as he is, has pretty much the best resume of all time. Second only to Pac's imo lb for lb. But atleast there I can UNDERSTAND the controversy!

Ali is literally a bum compared with Floyd, that is a fact!

They are both ridiculous figures for the sport though.

Comment

There are some ridiculous posts in here. Some of you guys should spent some time in the history section. The guys in there could teach you a few things about the sport you claim to follow.

Comment

Its hard to compare a WW to a HW. Its kinda like comparing apples to oranges. An arguement can be made that Floyd has fought multiple weight division champions, and how many did Ali fight? How many guys did Ali fight that were bigger than him? None really, because they were all just heavy weights. Heavyweights only fight in 1 division and back then there wasnt to many freakishly big guys like the Klitchkos & Wilders of the world. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying they wouldve beat Ali, and Ali was great but when you do talk p4p Floyd has dominated multiple weight classes for years. I think people forget what p4p means. & personally I think the Brown Bomber was the best HW, what a dream match Holyfield vs the Brown bomber wouldve been. Ali had (at the time) great athleticism for the weight and for his size, if you look at the athletes of today in the NBA and NFL theres freakishly large men with crazy athleticism. I truly believe that the best heavyweight in boxing is in the NBA or NFL because lets be real, sign a 30million dollar contract to play ball, or take your chances getting punched in the head to maybe get a million dollar fight? Its a no brainer, no pun intended...

Comment

No denying that, anyone that does, do like I do and put them on ignore. Trolls aren't what they used to be anymore, just put them on ignore. Even though I know Strugg is one I've never been bothered with his stuff

Comment

Originally posted by General STRUGG View Post
                  even with a past prim pacquiao win.

How many prime ATG's did ali fight? How many did ped did?

Poll to follow.

Floyd doesnt belong in the same sentence, paragraph or the same page. come on now man.
                  Why do we need a thread to confirm something everyone knows?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Muhammad Ali beat just about every heavyweight that mattered over 2 decades in what is considered the greatest era of heavyweights ever. His resume is chock-full of some of the greatest heavies ever.

It's unbelievable to look back on.
                    Not only beat them. But he fought everyone of them in their prime!

Comment

Comparing Floyds resume to Ali's is an absolute joke. The only people that would even think of the possibility that Floyd has a better resume include Floyd, Ellerbe, and *****s.

Floyd hasnt fought a HOF fighter in their prime EVER. While Ali has beaten multiple HOF heavyweights multiple times in the Golden Age of heavyweight boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X