No announcement yet.

Arum is pissing away Cotto's prime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emanuel Steward View Post
    Gomez...? Jennings...? Why did somebody not check Margacheto's wraps before he beat Cotto to a mess...? His last three fights have been a waste of a year IMO.

Now there is talk of Cintron?!!!!!! The guy who QUIT three times against Margarito twice and Martinez??? Cotto will smash his body to a pulp.

The only fights that should be being made for Cotto are:

Mosely for WBA
    Clottey for IBF
    Berto for WBC
    Williams because he's a beast but Arum doesn't know he exists.

Anything else is a joke.

Like Muhammad Ali said you cant fight Frazier every week.

In the last two years he has fought Margarito, Mosley, Judah, Quintana. And Jennings was a gimmie he had just lost so you get a gimm,ie.

Berto wont fight anyone Slottey, Mosley, Margarito, Collazo any of those are great fights.

Comment

I hope he does fight Clottey, I really would hate seeing Cintron in the ring with cotto. I can just imagine how much complaining Cintron would do in that fight...

I wouldn't say that arum is pissing his career away.. At the time he did not want to jeopardize the big fight with Margarito last July. Plus alphonso Gomez had his little following and belive it or not a lot of people especially on this board were beliving the hype... Arum just wanted him to put a dominating show wich showed cotto as this unstoppable fighter and showed margarito breaking Cintrondown in a brutal way as well..

This jennings fight was to get cotto's confidence back. Plus arum just wanted to show everyone that he is back and as hungry as ever. So there were some good reasons why cotto has fought 2 average fighters in his last three fights..

Now is the time for Arum to let cotto unify the division

Comment

Originally posted by Testdead View Post

In the last two years he has fought Margarito, Mosley, Judah, Quintana. And Jennings was a gimmie he had just lost so you get a gimm,ie.

Berto wont fight anyone Slottey, Mosley, Margarito, Collazo any of those are great fights.
        Berto is only 25 years old....and has holded the belt for 3 fights. Lucky for us, he fought Collazo, who was a dangerous fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Testdead View Post

Berto and Mosely are not frazier. Cotto would knock Berto out and Mosely is just a sitting duck imo. Don't let the performace against Margacheto fool you - he should have been warned for holding and Margacheto was powerless without his plaster.

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
            I hope he does fight Clottey, I really would hate seeing Cintron in the ring with cotto. I can just imagine how much complaining Cintron would do in that fight...

I wouldn't say that arum is pissing his career away.. At the time he did not want to jeopardize the big fight with Margarito last July. Plus alphonso Gomez had his little following and belive it or not a lot of people especially on this board were beliving the hype... Arum just wanted him to put a dominating show wich showed cotto as this unstoppable fighter and showed margarito breaking Cintrondown in a brutal way as well..

This jennings fight was to get cotto's confidence back. Plus arum just wanted to show everyone that he is back and as hungry as ever. So there were some good reasons why cotto has fought 2 average fighters in his last three fights..

Good post. Now is the time to unify. Berto/Mosely/Clottey should be made.

Comment

Berto and Mosely are not frazier. Cotto would knock Berto out and Mosely is just a sitting duck imo. Don't let the performace against Margacheto fool you - he should have been warned for holding and Margacheto was powerless without his plaster.

Mosley fought Cotto all wrong looking to bomb everything. Im sure if they fight again it will be a very different fight.

He underestimated Cottos skill and chin.

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post

i don't know about you, but as a fan of the sport i really don't care about logical reasons for NOT making the best fights, i just want the BEST fights....

Comment

lol no, Arum's a buisness man, not a boxing fan you stupid dick sucker. You are like the Floyd fans who claim opponents such as Cotto 'need to step up their PPV' to get a shot at Floyd.

An easy win after a loss? Well Gomez was an easy win after he beat mosely and Jennings was a mere sparring partner. Now he is fighting again in 5 months time? WTF IS THIS ****?
                  he knows what he's doing , dumbfuck.

what do you want him to do just fight top 10 guys 4 fights a year?

top 10 rarely changes much from year to year. eventually you'll run out of opponents.

you gotta mix some average fighters in with good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    he knows what he's doing , dumbfuck.

what do you want him to do just fight top 10 guys 4 fights a year?

top 10 rarely changes much from year to year. eventually you'll run out of opponents.

you gotta mix some average fighters in with good ones.
                    Your posting is terrible. GTFO. As boxing fans we should want to see the best take on the best in their primes. We are spending our money on PPVs and Cable to pay the fighters and promoters so should want to see the best fights. Not beating bums like Jennings. Again, you must be one of these 'Gotta step up your PPV people' or Arum must give you a little cash for slurping his length every now and then.

Terrible, terrible post.

Comment

Good post. Now is the time to unify. Berto/Mosely/Clottey should be made.

It would be great if Mosley would fight Berto in June. The winner could face either Cotto or Clottey. That would set up a great fight in the fall...

I wonder if Cotto really wants to fight in Vegas again.. Seems like he doesn't like being there and the odds are at the end, Mosley will be there. A lot of good PR/Drama would lead to that fight in the fall. ( i belive that cotto can beat clottey and mosley will ko berto)

Comment

Working...
                      X