No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Warns Cotto of Payback For 'Rookie' Remark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    There is no such thing as " technically a middleweight ".

Whenever anybody uses the word " technically ", they are reaching badly.

FACT: Canelo fights JMW's at 155, out of entitlement.

He is obviously a JMW, and he can obviously still make 154.

He is technically a spoilt kid, nothing more.

Show me a middleweight who weighs 155 ?
    damn straight..
    dont forget to add other irritating words and phrases like, "like" "basically" "sort of like" "what it is" "end of the day" and not forgetting the bell end son here who list their favourite fighters including ray robinson and they are only "LIKE" 8 YRS OLD!..ha ha nice one.

Comment

Canelo gonna hurt Cotto, dude should have shown respect.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
        In this universe or another there'w no way Cotto would've beat Floyd, he could've done better than Canelo on that particular fight, but stylistically Canelo is a nightmare for Cotto.
        How is canelo a stylistically nightmare for Cotto? Canelo is not a volume puncher, canelo is flat footed counter puncher that doesnt lead and allowes you to fight at you prefered pace. You must throw high volume and you must be first to pose problems for Cotto. Canelo has stamina issues and is garbage cutting off the ring. I mean i have no idea wtf you seeing men. If anyone is tailor made for the other is Canelo tailor for Cotto.

Comment

What does Austin Trout has to say about this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Is because it looks nice next to all that other dumb shht you wrote ?
            Its all true and you know it. You stupid ass.

Comment

This fight is still harder to pick than a broken nose.

On paper, Canelo has most of the advantages, the problem is he doesn't fight to his strengths and his inexperience has shown on the big stage.

And not convinced about Cottos revival because of the other factors, question marks over Martinez, also Geale who was wrecked by Golovkin and fighting at catchweight.

Boxing is a young mans game, but Canelo is inexperienced and we have likely seen enough from Cotto to see that he is in good shape mentally and physically, and we know that he is a crafty skilled vet.

It is also difficult to judge how the styles will mesh as Canelo does not seem to make a lot of adjustments and Cotto may approach this differently.

Fcuked if I know, I'm not betting a cent on that fight.

Cant wait.
              Last edited by aboutfkntime; 10-07-2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
                Floyd caught him at a good time, but Cotto could still bang. He wasn't a completely shot fighter, but after his earlier wars, he has never been as good as he used to be.
                how do think it would go if there was a rematch now?

Comment

Originally posted by ox805er View Post
                  let's not be dumb now... GGG is waiting for a payday.. cotto's in his division.. so why fight high risk, low reward fighters like Lara and Ward? When he's got a perfectly beatable opponent in Cotto/Canelo winner... taking a page out of Floyd's book, get's roasted but when Floyd does it? Get's praised and somehow flipped into a worthy opponent..
                  Ok let's not be dumb. ... so with that mindset, you would be fine with Cotto/Canelo not fighting GGG because he's high risk/low reward? You're not one of those guys bashing Cotto for not fighting GGG, are you? I know exactly why GGG is not fighting Ward, that doesn't make it a good reason.

Comment

I really do believe Cotto has got this in the bag. He is a full time, year round athlete in this stage of his career. Being a fighter, that is what the best do. Cotto taking another page from Mayweather in that regard. Floyd stays in shape year round, and it shows in his conditioning. Cotto used to have **** stamina. When he got with Freddie and Gavin, his focus on the game has been a 180. By staying in shape year round, when you get to the gym to train for a fight, you can fully prepare for the game plan and execution, with minimal focus to make weight. Canelo being notorious for running his own ship and being lazy during camp will be his undoing. He cannot afford to do that for the remainder of his career. I hope a humbling loss to Cotto will turn him around and force him to get a new corner and be a year round athlete like this teachers before him.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleStandar View Post
                      How is canelo a stylistically nightmare for Cotto? Canelo is not a volume puncher, canelo is flat footed counter puncher that doesnt lead and allowes you to fight at you prefered pace. You must throw high volume and you must be first to pose problems for Cotto. Canelo has stamina issues and is garbage cutting off the ring. I mean i have no idea wtf you seeing men. If anyone is tailor made for the other is Canelo tailor for Cotto.
                      Floyd wasn't high volume and he beated Cotto, last time I checked he even woobled Cotto and hurt him on the last round.

Trout wasn't high volume and he beated Cotto.

A well taught Boxer-puncher with some powa and good technique will make Cotto think twice before getting in and exchanging.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Cotto but I don't see him beating Canelo at this point on his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X