New Names Up For HOF Vote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    The same reason Mancini got in....popularity n exciting fights

Ingemar Johansson got in too...darn near everyone who won the lineal heavy title is or will be in the hall

I wouldn't have voted either in....they didn't beat enough good fighters

I'd rather seen get in....he had exciting fights....fought the best won some n lost some

Only fighter he lost to that's not going in the hall is mayorga

With wins over quartey, winky wright, Javier castillejo, Raul maquez n yori boy Campos and exciting fights with Tito, dlh, SSM....he deserves it more than bowe and Mancini

I have a laundry list of guys who go in ahead of bowe and Mancini
    Maybe in your opinion you don't think Mancini derserves to be in but IMO he is well deserving of the honor. He was an outstanding fighter in the golden age of boxing. He had historic fights and he was one of the best in his era. Add to that he was one of the youngest lightweight title winners (21 years old). He may have not had a long drawn out career but his career was great. His signifigants in boxing terms does matter and is taken into consideration, at the time outside of Ray Leonard, who was tops then, Mancini was right there. In the early and Mid 80's it was Leonard and Mancini. Plus he did have hall of fame skills. So IMO he's well deserved.
    Last edited by boxinghead530; 10-07-2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Yep you got it right

It may prevent him but what about Mosley then?
      Mosley gets in. His career is very well deserving, but its a weird thing with him. People don't look at him as a user(even though he was). At lightweight he is top ten of all time. That is saying a lot and on that merit alone he gets in. But for sure he will get in no doubt and prolly in his first year of eligibility.

Back to Fernando, IMO his steroid use was a one time thing, the de la hoya fight, and now that I think about it it wont be looked at to much as far as preventing him from getting in. But he will prolly get his nod maybe 10, 15 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
        Maybe in your opinion you don't think Mancini derserves to be in but IMO he is well deserving of the honor. He was an outstanding fighter in the golden age of boxing. He had historic fights and he was one of the best in his era. Add to that he was one of the youngest lightweight title winners (21 years old). He may have not had a long drawn out career but his career was great. His signifigants in boxing terms does matter and is taken into consideration, at the time outside of Ray Leonard, who was tops then, Mancini was right there. In the early and Mid 80's it was Leonard and Mancini. Plus he did have hall of fame skills. So IMO he's well deserved.
        He was exciting and very popular. but he was not one of the best from 135-140 in the 80's

The best were Aaron Pryor, Camacho, Pernell Whitaker, Julio Cesar Chavez were the best of that era......Mancini was exctiting but he didn't win a lot of big fights

Also he lost to the best fighters he fought.....Arguello, Camacho, and Uncle Roger
        Uncle Roger fought and beat better fighters than Mancini, also was exciting but I doubt he gets in as a fighter or as a trainer anytime soon

Comment

Did you see who got inducted the Hall this past june? NASEEM HAMED
          I know he got in....it shouldn't have took so long when guys got in before him didn't accomplish half as much as he did

Mcgugan didn't really beat a lot of good fights....he meant a lot to his country but that's a lot of boxers today and the past

Comment

He was exciting and very popular. but he was not one of the best from 135-140 in the 80's

The best were Aaron Pryor, Camacho, Pernell Whitaker, Julio Cesar Chavez were the best of that era......Mancini was exctiting but he didn't win a lot of big fights

Also he lost to the best fighters he fought.....Arguello, Camacho, and Uncle Roger
            Uncle Roger fought and beat better fighters than Mancini, also was exciting but I doubt he gets in as a fighter or as a trainer anytime soon
            In the early to mid '80's(the last golden age) manicini was one of the best lightweights. Mancini made his bones at 135 and he was one of the best. He lost to Arguello, who was at his zenith at that time, at the age of 20. His fight with Camacho was five years to late and that fight was close and Mancini was coming off almost a two year hiatus. And his fight with Roger was. when he was past it already.

Say what you want Mancini is very deserving.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              This year's Modern ballot has three new names for consideration:

Hector Camacho
              Yuri Arbachakov
              Sot Chitalada

I agree that Hector Camacho Sr is a HOFer. However, I don't recognize the other two names.

My vote 2016, for the other two would probably go to:

Ike Quartey, who for example won over Oscar De La Hoya on my card. He has unfairly been overlooked in the shadow of Pernell Whitaker, Felix Trinidad, and Oscar De La Hoya. Ike Quartey took on all the best welterweights except Pernell Whitaker and Felix Trinidad, who had their own belts. Ike Quartey wasn't afraid to fight anyone, proven by him fighting so many top 5 and top 10 fighters, at welterweight. He was, for example, defending his belt against Jose Luis Lopez in 1997, when Felix Trinidad was defending his belt against bums.

Donald Curry fought the best and won, becoming undisputed welterweight champion in the process. He was also seen as the top p4p of his time, together with Marvin Hagler, Mike Tyson and Tommy Hearns. In my opinion he is a HOFer.

Other fighters who should be considered are, for example:
              Michael Nunn
              Antonio Esparragoza
              Meldrick Taylor
              Julian Jackson, and
              Israel Vazquez

Comment

In the early to mid '80's(the last golden age) manicini was one of the best lightweights. Mancini made his bones at 135 and he was one of the best. He lost to Arguello, who was at his zenith at that time, at the age of 20. His fight with Camacho was five years to late and that fight was close and Mancini was coming off almost a two year hiatus. And his fight with Roger was. when he was past it already.

Say what you want Mancini is very deserving.
                he was Not past it he lost to Livingstone bramble twice

In my opinion he doesn't belong....that's all
                Last edited by therealpugilist; 10-07-2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

he was Not past it he lost to Livingstone bramble twice

In my opinion he doesn't belong....that's all
                  It's all good it's your opinion but reality is he is in and it's well deserved.

By the way I loved Livingstone Bramble he was great and IMO deserves induction too. Outside of Puerto Rico and Cuba he's the best Caribbean fighter ever.

Comment

It's all good it's your opinion but reality is he is in and it's well deserved.

By the way I loved Livingstone Bramble he was great and IMO deserves induction too. Outside of Puerto Rico and Cuba he's the best Caribbean fighter ever.
                    it being well deserved is an opinion

All accolades are opinion based.....everyone weighs things differently

For example....

Freddie Roach won it Trainer of year 7x and is already in the Hall of fame but Roger Mayweather trained the best fighter of the passing era, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the best female fighter, Laila Ali at the same time and never won Trainer of the year. He worked with some other decent fighters too.

Other great trainers have never won it and have just as good of resume's as Roach.....How Many times did Nacho Beristein win it??? Dude built champions from scratch and made guys champs that came to him mid career

Beristein had a lot to do with legends like Juan Manuel Marquez, Daniel Zaragoza, Gilberto Roman, etc.

Its all based of what the panel is looking for

I put a lot of weight on actually winning big fights, not just being in them.

He was pretty good but IDK if I'd put him in there he didn't last at the top very long

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      I only count the IBHOF. He became eligible last year but didn't make it.
                      Why do you do you only count that one?

Comment

Working...
                      X